Making a large map using continue mission and Inspire or Phantom 3

thank you :slight_smile: for checking up on this. I was just wondering why my remote was beeping :smiley:

I havenā€™t been able to find something that we are doing that could be causing this. So your remote starts beeping whenever you switch it from ā€˜Fā€™ mode to ā€˜Pā€™ mode to take over the flight? I havenā€™t been able to get this to happen to me. Is this iOS or Android?

ok maybe there is a misunderstanding. might be english and not explaining clearly enough. after a mission while still in ā€œFā€ mode the inspire wants to come back due to initiated RTH. when i switch back to ā€œPā€ - i am not sure now but i think it stops. i will install the app on the dedicated iphone 6 and have shou record the screen which i will share with you. hopefully tomorrow will only be f***en cold with no rain lr snow. other than that i love the app.

i tried to send an email to support but it came back, can you give me an alternative email address ?

support@dronedeploy.com should work. Let me know if it doesnā€™t.

i copied and pasted it when neema told me if i would line to i can send support a mail with screenshots regarding map stitching issues i have discovered. i will double check and send it again.

this is what came back:

This is the mail system at host mail.eltec.hu.

Iā€™m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. Itā€™s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

support@drondeploy.com: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=drondeploy.com type=A: Host not found

Return-Path: Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by mail.eltec.hu (Postfix) with ESMTP id A1814200065 for ; Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:24:23 +0100 (CET) X-Virus-Scanned: Debian amavisd-new at eltec.hu X-Spam-Flag: NO X-Spam-Score: -1.499 X-Spam-Level: X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.499 tagged_above=-9999 required=5 tests=[ALL_TRUSTED=-1, BAYES_05=-0.5, URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001] autolearn=ham Received: from mail.eltec.hu ([127.0.0.1]) by localhost (mail.eltecgroup.net [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id sn3Lxz7XkDjv for ; Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:24:18 +0100 (CET) Received: from [192.168.1.148] (unknown [192.168.1.148]) (using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by mail.eltec.hu (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 9272B20005E for ; Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:24:18 +0100 (CET) Message-ID: 56990116.5030108@eltec.hu Disposition-Notification-To: Martin Domeny Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:24:22 +0100 From: Martin Domeny User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20120206 Thunderbird/10.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 To: support@drondeploy.com Subject: stichting isuues? - maybe it is just me. Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------020504060904070005050205"

It looks like the ā€˜eā€™ at the end of ā€˜droneā€™ in dronedeploy.com is missing.

ok. must have missed that one. funny, i did check the address upon sending and must have flown over it. will resend with corrected addres :slight_smile: thanks
cheers

When mapping a large area involving several flights, how should I best handle the varying altitude of the land. If, for instance, a large flat area is at sea level and nearby the land rises 50-100m. Should I set the initial altitude to 150m for the whole area or plan the entire mission so I am set to roughly the same altitude AGL throughout?

1 Like

Hi I have a problem with my Phantom 3 advanced - plan the flight area, starting mission, drone started few points (sometimes even 1-2, sometimes 7-8), ant stopped - no any movementā€¦ I must call it backā€¦
Sometimes even drone donā€™t started the mission - just few meters ups and stopped.
Is it software, or hardware problems? May be some one had similar problems and solved it?

hi @Giedrius_Noras - sorry to hear this, it does sound like a hardware issue. does your Phantom show any strange warnings when you connect to it in DJI GO? Are you on the newest firmware associated with the aircraft?

No warnings - only problems with compass on the flight. We sometimes got error message: ā€žcompass error. Exit P-GPS mode.ā€œ
May be this is reason breaking of mission flights?

No warnings - only problems with compass on the flight. We sometimes got error message: ā€žcompass error. Exit P-GPS mode.ā€œ
May be this is reason breaking of mission flights.

ā€¦and firmware are newestā€¦

ā€¦and of course, i use F mode on mission flightsā€¦

We had a plan going for 12 minutes and got a good portion done, sadly the wind shifted and had to recall our drone home. Now we are trying to finish the same plan but all I get is the option to upload. Anyone else have this issue? Itā€™s important to fiish this plan since were in the field and donā€™t have the luxury of charging the battery atm.

We have an DJI Inspire.

If for some reason it thinks the plan is done you can just copy the plan and then adjust the starting waypoint to be where it left off. You can then upload all your photos from both missions together when uploading to dronedeploy.

1 Like