Link to original photo from orthomosaic?

OK, let me explain. I flew an area at fairly low altitude, and generated a (beautiful) orthomosaic. The only problem is, the “stitching” process makes it so that the final product has lower resolution than the individual photos that were used to create it. That intuitively makes sense to me, but what I would love is some way that I could, say, look at the larger image, identify an object of interest (in my case, individual cacti), and then (easily) see one of the original photos of that spot, so I could get data off of that one plant.

Is this possible?

1 Like

What plan are you on?

I am back on the free account, as I only activate (and pay) when I am in my field research season (summer).

1 Like

you should be able to drop a pin on the location of interest and it will pull up the photos in that area on the left side. You can then click on them and download the full resolution. Eventually you will want to move to a paid plan because they are going to stop processing the free plan and only offer the flight app.

yeah, I need to somehow find the money to keep my account active all year long.

I tried dropping a pin (I assume you mean clicking on the “location” marker under “tools”, but that does not seem to do anything other than place a marker there that I can annotate. I am certain this is just me being dense, but is there another way to drop a pin?

1 Like

So you do not see thumbnails on the left side about halfway down?

I do, but they are ALL of the thumbnails, and they start with photo 1 and I have to page through them all until I find one that looks like it may be the spot I am looking for.

1 Like

When you drop the location pin it should minimize them to what is around that point. Once you click on it and it brings up the image you can download the full resolution at the top right.

perhaps it should, but it really does not. I have tried clicking the toggle next to photos (which then shows the bounding boxes for each photo, but does not help with this); I tried a different browser (I use Safari, so switched to Chrome); i tried clicking on “Annotations” and seeing what happens on that screen - all to no avail.

I am attaching a screenshot that shows what I get - it is showing all 696 images that went into that flight, starting with #1.
27%20PM

1 Like

You have to click on the actual pin and should see something like this on the left.

IMG_20190216_180311

Not available in the free plan.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that Dave. I guess it wouldn’t have lasted much longer anyways.

Thanks to both of you! At least I know I can access that when the field season starts.

1 Like