Yesterday I captured about 100 images of some aggregate piles and started them uploading via my laptop in the back seat of the truck while driving to next work site. Upload completed successfully but showed only 46 images of 98 uploaded. I assumed that was a glitch.
Today I went to calculate the pile volumes and got 9200 and 2005 m3 for 2 piles at the N end of the map before noticing that the bottom half of the map was missing. It had in fact only uploaded 46 images. Image capture for the 2 piles above, which were my primary target, was complete but there was another area to the south I wanted to measure, so I uploaded the remaining images.
After the remaining images were uploaded and processed I returned to the project to find that the volumes for the first 2 had decreased substantially. Now they report 7230 and 1377, respectively. That’s more than 20% difference. In the processing report the 9200 m pile was completely blue (ie highest reliability) before the reprocessing. There was one corner of the other pile that was green, but it was mostly blue also.
I did notice in the first report that the camera calibration showed 15% variation, which I thought was wierd. In the second report it is 0.02% variation. I presume that that means the second set of numbers are more accurate, but something smells bad to me.