Is the Air 2S supported by Drone Deploy

First error is the camera preflight check, I don’t see the camera moving at all and it spits out the error. You are asked to try again or keep going. I tap keep going and then when all is good to fly, “Start Flight” there is another error saying “Plan upload failed: The execution could not be executed” or something along those lines, and of course it won’t take off. Any ideas? I’m using latest firmware, latest everything.

1 Like

I have tried and tried to get my Air 2 to connect but just can’t. I dont want to commit to a $1200 a year plan if I cant even get my drone to complete a preflight check list.

DJI Mavic Air 2 or the DJI Air 2S? This is the 2S thread.

https://forum.dronedeploy.com/search?q=mavic%20air%202%20order:views

1 Like

Following this. I have an Air2S. From what I’m reading here… Get DroneLink Business. Use that for flight plans and photos. Then upload photos to Drone Deploy for the mapping and data? Hoping someday DroneDeploy will directly work with Air2S?

1 Like

If you already use DroneDeploy for processing that’s the best way currently. If you aren’t a processing customer I would entertain WebODM until DD has the whole workflow together.

What is WebODM? sorry i am very basic right now, love my Air2S was super excited to discover DroneDeploy, but this was a gut punch lol

1 Like

I feel you. Being straight DJI compatible makes it seem like some of these 3rd party solutions would get quicker access but it has always taken 6 months to a year to get anything out of DJI. WebODM is free a photogrammetry processing software. It’s not the most intuitive but it’s free, lol. I recommend everyone try it just to become more familiar with the guts of photogrammetry.

Thanks for all the help. Ok DroneLink - do I have to get Growth version? or is starter ok for DroneDeploy Air2S connect?

2 Likes

We went with the growth plan because it was the first level that had advanced mapping but I think we were misled. Basic mapping should be fine so you could do the starter or even the one-time purchase of the Elite hobbyist. Not really a big deal to us as we do have a couple of different people that can use the software so we needed the business licensing anyways. Just verify with them whether or not basic mapping allows for oblique camera angles.

This worked great. i went with Dronelink Starter (enterprise) and was able to map out both a park and 30 acre field. then uploaded to Drone Deploy, and it looks pretty dang good. Thanks for the help Mike!

1 Like

@MichaelL is there a way of sending you a direct message i have multiple questions relating to thsi thread and other ones ans you em to be the guy with the most knowledge

2 Likes

Feel free to PM me any time. If we get into something that needs more media capability then we can set something up.

Currently on the same moment where I’m deciding to downgrade the drone or have a bit more patience. Would be nice if there would be a global timeframe or indication if support will come.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. As a new drone owner and newly licensed commercial drone pilot I was super interested in Drone Deploy as my entry point into this field. But I’ve been following this thread for a month and a half now, it seems pretty dead and Drone Deploy doesn’t really seem interested in supporting this drone. I think it’s pretty odd that the best advice has been to pay for a separate software as a workaround and then pay to manually load that data to DD.

1 Like

Imagine buying an Air 2S specifically for DD, and then finding out that it’s not compatible even after watching a bunch of youtube videos and not realizing they weren’t using an Air 2S. That all started last summer and I’ve been waiting ever since. I’ve been in contact with Tyler from DD during all this time. He has been helpful in keeping me updated. Last thing I was told is that the beta version for the Air 2S was supposed to come out in the second quarter of the year, which ends this month. That was going to be for a small select group of already paying DD customers.

I’ll reach back out and see if this has occurred and if there’s been any feedback. I’m really looking forward to finally using my Air 2S for the reason I bought it. Although it was super useful for hurricane damage assessments this last year in New Orleans.

3 Likes

Any news? I have an air 2s and the new RC pro.

1 Like