IOS 3.2.1 on iPad Air2... Misleading notifications

Hello, I’m having the same problem reported, sometimes the drone goes to the first point of the mission and from there it appears the same message Pilot Required: GPS signal likely lost.
Other times he is executing the mission, stops and the message appears again.
This happens with both the Samsung S9 phone and an iPhone 6 plus.
I’ve been following the messages, my control is in the P position, I don’t change it.
I still don’t understand if it’s a DD problem or some configuration change that has to be made.
I use a Phantom 4 Pro.
Did you have any specific guidance?

That message is pretty buggy, but it does sound like you might possibly have some interference or disconnection. I have never seen it pop up unless I switched out of autonomous mode, P-mode. It’s probably worth an email to support@dronedeploy.com.

Do you have obstacle avoidance on and is there a chance you were going into sunlight?

2 Likes

I Followed the threads that talk about this issue to this one so I guess I will chime in as well. I am getting this error “PILOT REQUIRED! GPS signal likely lost…” every time my mission is complete. I am flying a Mavic Pro
Nvidia shield tablet K1 - Android v 7.0
Drone Deploy Version Mobile-4.1.0-4.1.0

This error happens after every mission. I am not switching or touching anything. After the flight the drone starts its return to home, fly’s to the home location and the second it starts to descend the warning pops up. I am assuming it does this to alert the user that the drone is landing but it just seams strange. My drone comes down just fine and 5 out of the 6 flights it landed all on its own. the 6th it just came down to about 3 ’ and hovered until I gave throttle input and it landed. Just thought it was weird and was looking for some answers to see if this is just a standard message or something I need to do different to fix.

2 Likes

In a similar manner I received a notification stating “Mission Interrupted - Pilot Control Required”. Both times were on the same flight so I am assuming some kind of interference. The first time was just after liftoff and I notice the drone started to drift back and forth up to probably 10m horizontally. The second time was when I paused the mission after the map flight to shoot some manual photos.