Integrating iPhone photos?

Is it possible to use an iPhone 8 to take photos of a building to get better ground shot results of a building? Im new to DD, took a quick flight of a building but it didn’t recognize the sides of the building, I’m thinking since iPhone photos are geotagged it should work in theory, correct?

Hi @Htambour,

First off, welcome to the DroneDeploy community! You won’t be able to upload photos taken with an iPhone for map processing - they’ll need to be photos taken by a drone.

Cheers,
Christina

I wondered something similar a week or two ago. I wondered if the drone could be held by hand and photos taken manually using something like this for the Mavic.

Presumably so long as the drone is on its base zero level when entering Go4 and without starting the rotors up, the drone could be picked up and the pics taken? It’s GPS coordinates and altitude should be recorded.

Have never tried it so only theoretical, but was having a daydream during the zig-zagging of another DD mission.

@Christina, what do you think?

J.

Hi @JamesC,

We won’t be able to process images with this setup and turn it into a map.

Cheers,
Christina

But a terrestrial camera will work? If so, any recommended brands or models?

Hi @Htambour,

Here is a full list of drones we currently support: Supported Drones. We don’t provide recommendations or suggestions outside of what we officially support, but maybe someone who has had luck with other hardware can hop in and help you out.

Cheers,
Christina