Image capture stops

I’m flying an Inspire 2 with NDVI and RGB Zenmuse X4S cameras and SanDisk Extreme 64gb cards. Lately at seemingly random times during a flight (either camera) the image capture has completely stopped. I’ve checked firmware (have the latest) and formatted the card, but still seem to have this problem. How important is it to completely close out DJI GO 4 while using Drone Deploy?

1 Like

Kolby, when the image capture stops does the current live feed from the camera freeze as well? I have this issue frequently with the Inspire 2 and the Zenmuse X4S RGB and NDVI. I have looked for ways to fix it and have not found any solutions. The only way I have worked around it is to land the drone, take the camera off, reinstall it, and start the mission again and continue from the last waypoint. I thought it was a DroneDeploy issue, but I have switched to DJI Go 4 after the camera quits working and the camera does not work in DJI Go 4 either. Maybe it is a problem with the Inpsire 2 but I am not sure. Sometimes it happens almost every flight and sometimes I go a stretch of 4 or 5 flights before it occurs again. The issue does not have to do with DJI Go 4 running in the background as I always close the app before I open DroneDeploy and I still have the same issue.

1 Like

Yes, I believe the live feed from the camera simply stays on the last image that was captured with the image count remaining constant, but, of course, the drone is still traveling the flight plan. I have read that there could be a problem with the SD card having some type of format issue or “error” on it, which I haven’t fully looked into.

1 Like

A further detail that may be important… when reviewing the last images captured on the card, sometimes the last 1 to 3 images before it has stopped have a large portion of them completely white, but I have not noticed this within the live feed from the camera within DD.

1 Like

Sounds like we are having the same exact issue. I have noticed the last photo captured has white spots on it as well. Normally just the last photo has that problem.The live feed seems to have issues before hand where it either lags behind or has a black screen for a couple of seconds before it disconnects. Easy to tell when the camera disconnects when you have live map on as it stops mapping the flight. For me, it seems like the problem occurs more when the outside temperature is high. I reviewed one of the flight logs about a year ago and I could find the moment the camera went offline, but no clear indication on why it is happening. I may try and do a screen recording on the next couple of flights so I have video of what is occurring.

1 Like

I have not usually used the LiveMap feature as I don’t like the delay that occurs as the drone is flying. One thing I tried before my most recent flights is I used electronics-grade compressed air and blew out the camera and drone contact “bar/slot” as I thought of the possibility of maybe some dust interfering with image transmission. I didn’t have any problems with the flights… so… maybe that is something to work into a regular maintenance schedule.

1 Like

Did anyone find out the cause of this? I am having the exact same problem. The last one to three images will always be blown out bright white and then it will stop. And yes the live feed is stuck. So I to have to land restart. But today it began again after 60 images were captured On the second flight… I had another job I had to get done, so I left my ground control points and will try to go back and fly again tomorrow. Hoping someone can let me know what they have done to correct the problem

Kolby, After you cleaned your connectors, did that get rid of the problem all together for you?

It has now been a while… but cleaning the connectors definitely seemed to help… and I don’t recall having the problem after those flights in late July/early August… although I can’t say, at this point, for sure. I will definitely try to remember and clean these contacts regularly this season… however, since we are a government agency there is talk of having to discontinue our use of DJI drones.

2 Likes