How to remove photo's

Hi all,

In a recently made model composed out of 427 images.
Some of those overlap with a neighbouring plot.
I would like to remove those images because I do not want viewers to be able to view the images of the neighbouring plots.

So I would like to do either of the 2 following options:

1. Can I switch off sharing of the original images so they cannot be viewed, if so, how?
  2. Can I remove certain images after the model and map have been created, and if so, how?

TIA!

Dennis

1 Like

You can use the crop tool to limit what is viewed by using the crop tool. It can be widened again in the future should you need to.

Use the first pull down under the map’s date and then grab ‘crop’ in the next screen.

Thank you James,

The crop is fine, but the photos still show up (including the ones I do not want visible:

1 Like

I would just reprocess a new version of the map without those photos.

You can always use the Upload images button under the plus sign on the lower part of your dashboard to upload/re-upload any images. Just choose Upload Images, name it as you wish and upload as normal. You don’t need to have a flight plan flown to upload.

1 Like

The only downside of not uploading images crossing the boundary, is that the accuracy of the processed image within the final boundaries will be vastly reduced.

I think you just have to decide which is the lesser of the two evils. Is it possible to just export the cropped version and share it with your client rather than the whole project?

1 Like

Do you need them to see all of the data? Or just the 2D orthomosaic? And it just the 2D you could share it on Google photos. There is a 75 MB limit so you might have to download a slightly lesser resolution. They should be able to view it online that way.

Thanks for all your answers!

The problem is that when i do not upload those images, that the border of my model will be not as crisp as it is now (like mentioned before).

I would only like to share the 3D model, so they will still be able to see those images…
Like I asked in another thread, there is still no possibility to only share the 3D model within the new viewer?

Kind regards!

1 Like

Hi @DeNnZ,

To complement @Gary’s response, I would like to mention that you can re-upload images to a new map and during the upload process, you can deselect some of the images that you don’t want to include in the process. Please review the section " * Step 3. Image Review and Deselection" from our How to Process Datasets support documentation for more information.

Also, as a general information, if you have a private Sketchfab account, you could download the OBJ file from DroneDeploy and upload the 3D model to Sketchfab to share the 3D model. To learn how to do so, please take a look at the How to Upload Model Files Sketchfab guide that contains all the step-by-step instructions.

I hope you find this information helpful. Happy mapping!

Best,
Andrea