How To - PPK Processing with RTKLib (Phantom 4 RTK)

You are using the P4RTK with the base that comes with it?

No, i’m using a Javad reciever L1/L2 to generate rinex file.

You should be able to offload those Rinex files and enter into RTKLIB instead of the CORS data.

*You shouldn’t have to run them through RTKCONV…

1 Like

I tried to use the .OBS from the drone and the rinex files from the base .19O / .19N / .19G , but don’t process in RTKPOST

If you can’t figure it out then you can PM me so you can send me some of the files and I will check them out for you and see what will be needed to get you what you need.

1 Like

New here…been following the Aerotas step by step instructions for PPK. I ended up getting an output which I believe I was looking for, however I think that the input of the data is poor. Check out the heights from the Rinex POS file directly from the drone??? Any suggestions on what may have happened here and why I would have negative elevations?

Yep, that doesn’t look right. Here’s one of mine.

…and the plot. This was the base flight with 3 orbits at the end. Would be interesting to see yours.

I added the Aerotas steps for the Excel CSV because they were in the article. I can’t guarantee the accuracy of that output. I have written a RTKLIB GPX output that can be used. @MichaelL has used that output to generate the GPX for his sites and then uses GeoSetter to update the photos with the corrected GPS information.

1 Like

I’ve once again run through the Aerotas steps, systematically checking the options appropriately. This is the result of the RTKPLOT. Any thoughts?

Ouch. a 90% single condition, meaning that you almost never ended up with an RTK fix. Would you be willing to share your data and we can play with it?

Also, this look like a project more suited to linear flight. Are you using DroneDeploy for flight? If so please try the Linear Flight App from the App Market.

1 Like

This was just a first test flight with the P4PRTK. This flight we turned off the RTK to simply collect for PPK. We are not using DroneDeploy at this time but are certainly open to finding a viable solution. This is all trial and error at this point.

Best way to share files?

Understood. I think DroneDeploy as a flight app would be great. It is a great app and improving/adding functionality weekly. I can guarantee that you will also get much better support here than other providers. You can provide any kind of view-only cloud link like OneDrive, Google Drive, etc… Or I can send you a Sharefile request for upload if you want to PM me your email. I can then share with @GregO.

*Edit: Nevermind, DroneDeploy cannot be used on the P4RTK yet… @GregO has that down.

In the P4RTK setup the flight as a linear flight path. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the controller and P4.

I know the P4RTK has the linear option since I was setting up some missions last week to fly a bayou.

I have to change manually the accuracy from the photos in Pix4D/Metashape? Because when i imported the corrected coordinates, the accuracy change to default 10 meters.

This question might be better suited for the other forums, but there might be someone on here that is doing PPK and using other processing software so hold tight. Have you tried importing PPK data more than once after resetting the settings? Also, are you importing a CSV file or retagging the images and then importing?

Importing the CSV file, lat long altitude.

Did you run the GeoSetter via the process I emailed you with? That will correct the exif Data on each of the photos.

1 Like

Hi All, this is a plug for my own company, but I think it will be genuinely helpful to you, so please excuse the advertisement. We make a simple and affordeable software tool that makes this all a lot simpler than the workflows that have been suggested so far. It does PPK processing (runs RTKlib in the background) AND geotags the images in just a few clicks, and required only the images, the .MRK file and the .obs file from the drone. It’s compatible with any base station or tower network that records RINEX data (version 2.11 or 3.0). It also produces ready to use files for Agisoft Metashape or Pix4D, as well as various text outputs that can be imported into other photogrammetry software packages.

You can see the workflow in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihs_jX_PkWE

And you can read more and download a trial version here: https://www.redcatch.at/en/redtoolbox/

Happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Hey @Michael_REDcatch, ya’ll really need a single license option that gives the same options as your 2 license seat but half the price. I would be OK paying €125 as long as I was able to get lifetime updates. The current pricing model for single seat doesn’t give that option and if there was a bug in the software it would be worthless as soon as I bought it or after 1 yr (depending on what I bought). I posted this same thing on the Facebook site a few months ago. You would have more €125 sales than the lower two options.

As for the software it looks pretty good and may help a lot of folks with reducing the processing steps.

1 Like

Hey, i’m struggling with processing observation file from P4 RTK in RTKLIB. I hope someone could have a look and share some thoughts about possible issue.

Most of the time I did not get solution, when i decrease elevation mask to 0 then eventually 8% of observation get Q=1, 91% Q=2.

I used following settings:

I also share link to my observation files from drone, nearest OS_net station and navigation file.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_-4NaFBSYohRuRPjzdcmVC3OGac58BqM?usp=sharing

Thanks, Mag.