Hovers at first waypoint in flight plan

Summary of Issue:
I am able to create a flight plan, both from the desktop or on the iPad. The automatic check succeeds and liftoff is achieved. The drone goes to the first waypoint, begins taking photos, but does not proceed to the next waypoint. The only solution has been to RTH. Multiple attempts at different locations in different conditions produce the same result.

Date Issue Began:
Approximately June, 2018

Drone Model:
DJI Inspire 1 Pro

Mobile Device Model and OS version:
Apple iPad Air2 11.4.1

DroneDeploy App Version:

Hi @lelmore,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. I’m sorry to hear about your flight experience.

If you have a moment, could you please update your DroneDeploy mobile app to the latest release (version 2.79) and try one more time? I would recommend you to uninstall and re-install the app to ensure that you are using the latest version.

Also please make sure that your drone’s firmware and the OS version of the mobile device is up to date. I also recommend you take a look at our Troubleshooting for DJI drones support documentation for some recommendations.

I hope this helps. Happy flying!
Andrea

I attempted to use a new iPad (from the supported list), running 2.79.0 Drone Deploy app and unfortunately the problem continues as before. I confirmed via the DJI GO app that the firmware was up to date on the Inspire 1. What should I try next?

Hi @lelmore,

Could you please send us the name (or the URL) of the flight plan that is having issues to complete the mission so that we can further investigate?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

It appears to be all flight plans. The one that I have been testing with yesterday is “Memorial, Legion, and Cardinal Park complex”. The URL is
https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/planning-map/5b1ebcafd8bd2326276f3127

Hi @lelmore,

We have reviewed the mobile log information and it seems that there are several camera related errors that seem to be causing the mission to pause and the hovering behavior. We do recommend you to check that the X5 camera is securely connected and correctly takes pictures from within DJI Go to confirm the camera is working properly.

We also recommend you to calibrate the compass before flying with DroneDeploy using the DJI GO app as this can be another source of hovering issues.

We hope you find this information helpful. Happy flying!
Andrea

Man this information is very helpful, I’m still a newbie and still gathering some information.