General Discussion Category

This has been the case for a while now, but just a heads-up/reminder to use the General Discussion - How To category to post. There is something wrong where new posts made in the standard General Discussion Category do not show up in Latest.

@Andrew_Fraser

1 Like

“General > How To” is fine but “General” is no bueno.
@Andrew_Fraser Is there no way for you to disable The “General” category in your dashboard?

I have a theory to fix this problem.

I notice that all of the top level categories do not have a sub-categroy with the exception of General. General has “How To” as a sub-category where in the other top level categories, there are no subs. Perhaps this is what is causing the General category to be broken. Maybe if the “How to” sub-category was merged back into the General category (or broken off into a new Top level category) and the How To sub is then deleted, we will be rid of this problem.

What do you say @Andrew_Fraser worth a try? Michael and I could move all the “How To” back to “General” but I don’t think we could delete “How To”. Maybe super admin can do this easily?

I agree that it is a difference that could be a clue, but I don’t think that’s it. The Emlid forum runs the same platform and they have even more subs.

True. I’m wondering if anyone at DD is even keeping the back end up to date these days. It would be interesting to have a look at the administrator dashboard. This bug might just be a simple checkbox fix for all we know.

Up-to-date might be the correct term… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: