Free Video Editor and Music Source for Drone Footages

I collect the below tools and resources from Reddit, YouTube, and this topic.

VN Video Editor (Mac, iOS, Android)

• Common features: Split, zoom, drag, delete, copy videos, add music clips, multiple timeline tracks, text overlays.
  • Killer features: Speed ramp, rich transitions and motion effects, keyframe animation. It’s free of charge, no watermark or subscribe plan or other limit.

KineMaster (iOS and Android)

• Common features: Cut, split, crop, speed change, rotate videos; support multiple tracks;
  • Killer features: Keyframe animation, 2500 downloadable and trendy transitions/effects/ stickers/fonts/animations. It’s easy for green hands to create some impressive stuffs with these ready stock templates; Support 4K output; a plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

VideoProc Vlogger (Mac, Windows)

• Common features: 999+ video/overlay/audio tracks, cut, split, rotate, zoom, trim, crop videos, text overlay …
  • Killer features: Support 120FPS, HDR, ultra-high resolution drone footages; progressively change video speed over time; preset tons of catchy transitions, filter, LUTs, titles, speed effects; built-in professional yet easy color editor and audio editor.

DaVinci Resolve (Mac, Windows, Linux)
(It can do virtually everything. Take a look the official guide, you’ll know what I mean)

• Common features: cut, trim, split, picture in picture, zoom, trim, crop, reposition, mask, keyframe animation…
  • Killer features: Motion track; keyframe animation; deshake and denoise; it boasts an industry-level color correction toolset (For me, it is the best tool for color grading drone footages); it also offers premium audio editor and VFX toolkits;

Openshot
Kdenlive
Shotcut
Olive Video Editor

These 4 video editor are open source and cross platform options. They share some common features, such as cut, trim, merge, and split. However, they have difference performance and the learning curve to master these 4 video editors are different.

• Ease of use (from easiest to hardest): Openshot<Kdenlive <Shotcut <Olive Video Editor
  • Performance (Stability and response speed): Kdenlive < Openshot <Shotcut < Olive Video Editor

HitFilm Express Free Video Editor

• I have no idea about it’s capability and performance cause it goes crashes when I add the videos onto the timeline track. However, I can tell from it’s interface that it is an beginner-friendly software.

Music Resoure for Drone Footages

1 Like

DJI Go is good enough for routine editing works.

2 Likes

davinci resolve is an amazing software for video editing

1 Like

TunesKit AceMovi is by far the best for beginners. Even if you have a slow PC, you can import 4k footage in a blink of an eye and edit without lagging by lowering the preview resolution.

Yeh, I love it’s color grading feature pretty much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You can also use the factory default firmware to edit and use other people’s tunes for backing. I saw on the artist pr list there are some options for this. You can use the main program from your phone and then edit everything through special apps that are installed on top of others. I used DJI Go as well but only when I was doing a crowd sourcing and it took a while to put the music together. It’s great for that. You can combine programs and different functions, first pouring one and then the other.

You can also use the factory default firmware to edit and use other people’s tunes for backing. I saw on the artist pr list there are some options for this. You can use the main program from your phone and then edit everything through special apps that are installed on top of others. I used DJI Go as well but only when I was doing a crowd sourcing and it took a while to put the music together. It’s great for that. You can combine programs and different functions, first pouring one and then the other.

Are KineMaster and Alight motion good video editors for android devices? If not please suggest good video editors for android.

I have been using this screen recorder for while and I can say that app has a superb inbuilt video editor that we can use to edit any kind of video. The App name is DU Recorder

Huge thanks for sharing! I’d also like to know if I can edit videos from my drone via fastreel (https://www.fastreel.com/best-free-mp4-editors.html). Does anybody have any information about it, guys? I’d be very grateful for your help. It’s the only app I can use cause I’m 58, and it’s kinda complicated for me to figure out how new apps work. Though I sometimes work in Sony Vegas, it’s still very complicated software for me. So, I’d be very grateful for any of your help or advice, guys. Best wishes!

KineMaster diamond app is the best in this case…