Flying in No-Fly/Restricted Flight Zone

Hi @R.Perry,

I’m sorry to see this. The issue you are experiencing is something that all apps that use the DJI SDK will have an issue with. Sadly the communication between the SDK and the drone is not as solid as we would hope. Because of this, it’s difficult to get the same results every time. We are working with DJI to fix the issue but it will take some time.

Because you have flown this area of interest in the past, we could be seeing you might have encountered what’s called a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction). I’m curious if you checked the NOTAMs that day and if there were any flight restrictions in the area. We are working to resolve the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Zach

I wasn’t able to get DD to fly within a no fly zone on July 11th. I was able to get DJI Go app to work. Has DD been fixed yet?

Hi @mike_collyer,

As per our Restricted Areas/No Fly Zones support page, flying in a No Fly Zone/Restricted Zone in the DroneDeploy app is not currently possible.

Cheers,
Christina

Any Changes on this? IF DJI authorizes the unlock for it’s no fly zone because you provided them the FAA authorization that you have received, the unlock license has been granted and synced with the aircraft, why then would DD no allow the flight? Can’t think of a single reason. We need a solution.

1 Like

to unlock these no fly zones from within DroneDeploy very soon so that should resolve it either way.

I really doubt that DD will unlock this

I am shutting this thread down because it is futile to keep talking about it when it is obviously something that DroneDeploy alone cannot fix. Beyond the problem with passing the commands through the SDK, there has been two major updates to Federal airspace in the last 3 months. Sometimes (places) it works and sometimes it doesn’t and there’s not allot DroneDeploy can do about it at this time.

This thread is almost 2 years old and full of outdated information so feel free to begin a new one if you like.

1 Like