Fly my map app

We’ve signed up receive request for mapping services and get a couple of requests per week. The only response we can give is a fee and short note. It’s difficult to bid these jobs not knowing what services are wanted. Has anyone had any success with this?

Where are you receiving these requests? A website like droners.io?

DroneDeploy offers this service if you’re part of the dronedeploy directory. Other users can send out jobs to drone service providers through the “Fly my map” app.

The problem is that the requests don’t give any information as to what services are requested. The fly my map only allows a two question response.

Really?..how do I get into the dronedeploy directory?

You can signup here http://directory.dronedeploy.com/pilot

I have bid 10 jobs via the system. I actually had a site where I knew a contact and they were completly unaware of the request :slight_smile:

How long did it take for your business to show up in the directory after you signed up? I created mine last night, but I’m not seeing it in the directory.

Hi Ghheath.

Thank you for the feedback this is helpful.

As of the most recent update requesters are required to answer the question, “Why do you want this map?”. I think that’s a start but more questions will need to be added to improve the request quality.

The requester will get this additional information about your submission

• Company Name
  • Website
  • Email
  • Submission message
  • Submission price

Still early days for this app and would be happy to hear more feedback.

Dan.

As of a recent update requesters will get an email about any new submission and they can also view all the submissions from within dronedeploy.

Happy to hear feedback on how this could be more helpful for your business or have a better experience.

Dan.

The directory is currently updated by hand so the process may take some time.