Flight Logs

Hello any news about this? Thanks. Carlos.

I fly exclusively offline, and have never seen the blue upload button available. Due to altitude or visual restritions, often Iā€™ll need to fly multiple missions to get one map. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing after I get back to internet connectivity:

• Pull the SD card out of the drone
  • Plug it into the computer
  • Make a new folder on the SD card for that set of missions
  • Move the images from those missions into it, and then
  • Upload everything in that folder via the DD browser interface (gray rectangular button at top).

How do I go about getting flight logs?

anyword on integration of the DD LOGs to DJI flight recordbook?

You could try the Flight Log Book app? There is a feature in there which will automatically pull down all of your DJI flights from your DJI account, and you can upload the DD flights from the web app also. As far as I am aware there is no bulk import option from DD like there is on DJI, but nonetheless it is pretty fast and easy to do.

About half my flights have log files available. Is there any way to get logs for them all??

Did a successful flight with my IOS device. Back in the office the flight shows a blue upload button on the IOS device and also stated ā€œuploading flight dataā€. Logged onto drone deploy on my PC and my flight neither has the blue upload button nor does it have any of my flight data. Any ideas ?

Two options come to mind:

1. Process the map as usual and wait until it is showing in the dashboard. In the dashboard (where all maps are listed), there is a button to the right of the name of the map of three vertical dots. Click this button, you should have the option to Copy, Delete or download flight logs.

2. Process the map as usual. Install the DroneLogBook app (plus create account!). Go into the map, fill out your email and password in the console on the left, your flight log will now automatically go to DroneLogBook. This is particularly good if you use it often, as you can pull down weather data etc. from the day and track project financials etc. I am able to use it to produce a report for aviation compliance which is required in my jurisdiction.

Thanks Peregrine. Unfortunately I am flying using an Iphone and this does not give the option to process the map as usual. I would normally logon to Drone Deploy on my PC and upload from there but as there is no blue upload button Iā€™m stuck.

You can upload just using the upload button instead of the one next to your plan

That doesnā€™t give me access to download the flight logs - which is what I am after.

I have had a similar problem in the past. Has your phone synced correctly after your flight? I think the online app needs to know that you have flown. You could perhaps trick it into showing you the blue upload by starting the simulator in the mission (this usually then gives you the upload option afterwards), but having done this I donā€™t know if it will correctly import your flight log? Just an idea.

The phone says it has synced but the online app still doesnā€™t think it has. Iā€™ll give the simulator a go - thanks Peregrine.

Finally managed to download the flight logs from a flight and upload to healthy drones. Instructions on Healthy Drones is not correct. Clicking on download flight logs on the DD web page opens another tab with loads of data that I then copied and pasted to a text file and imported. However it only shows 4 mins of a 10 min flight which is disappointing. Its still closer than I have been before !

Indeedā€¦ DD could upload directly to HealthDrones!!

1 Like

It should be easy to make a DD app to do this for anybody that can program a little ibt.

1 Like

Yea I am done with paying for electronic logs. I do it the old fashion way and write it in a ASA logbook just like I would do for my private. Yup you can say oh well yo donā€™t have the flight tract etcā€¦ The hand written log book is good enough. If there is some crazy problem I can look at the DJI or 3DR Logs online. I am one for keep it simple.