Fit-to-Full-Screen function for 2D Maps

@chasemgray,

I tested it at 4:30 pm PST and it is still snapping to fixed sizes on my Android phone in a new session of the DD App.

And its snapping on my Windows 10 PC in a new session.

And its snapping on my Android Samsung Tab S3 after I installed the latest version 2.61.0.

Snap, snap, snap goes the DD alligator! Better watch out or you’ll be snapped up next (movie Tron comes to mind, where the guy gets sucked into the computer).

Is nobody else seeing this? Am I in a parallel universe where Terry gets stuck with the snapping screen? Please tell me its not so!

Approaching 5 pm and still snapping. Where are you guys, Hawaii, so I should wait a bit longer?

I will try in again tomorrow before turkey.

Did I tell you the story about the guy who flew a drone for the first time this month with this cool DroneDeploy App and when he tried to look at its even cooler 2D maps, they were either too small or too big but never just right? Where is the Baby Bear solution? Can we get Alice over to help? No you say, she went through the Looking Glass! Not good. Not good.

Regards,
Terry.

Sorry this didn’t end up getting enabled last week. Looking into it today.

@chasemgray,

No worries mate, as the say in Australia. Be nice to see this work as befits a wonderful tool like DroneDeploy.

Regards,
Terry.

Can you try it again now on your android device? You may have to sign out and back in again.

@chasemgray,

I tried again on all my devices, logging out, logging, bringing up my favorite map, looked at 2D Map, tried to zoom in and out and it still jumps by the same large amount.

PC: Lenovo Yoga 910 Windows 10
Tablet: Samsung Tab S3 Android
Phone: Samsung Note 8 Android

Regards,
Terry.

Can you make a video on your android device? Here is me zooming in without snapping on a pixel. Also can you check if you are able to rotate it with 2 fingers?
(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PKzZAxtMl_iAeCuVA_IQPj9cy9kWHkvF/view)

@chasemgray,

I can work on making a video. It will look just like yours. But the map will only jump to its preferred fixed sizes after letting go of the screen. And no rotation is possible. I tested it again on my phone (Note 8) with new DD session. And I tested a new session of DD on my Windows 10 PC with the same results. Not working. Why is this? It has got to be something.

Regards,
Terry.

Alright, I’ll double check your account tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. If you have time before me, can you make a new account and check with that one? It just sounds like the wrong map is showing for you on Android and I don’t know why.

@chasemgray,

I created a new account but the snapping behavior is the same.

What can I try next?

Why does smooth zooming work in the 3D model? Because there is no map underneath?

Regards,
Terry.