Features Pricing Structure for Client Access with Volumetrics

Correct me if I’m wrong but currently you can assign all jobs for a client to a client folder and then share that folder. The client can then use a free Explorer account to login and view their jobs. However they can’t do volumetric measurements.

So am I correct that I have to pay $1,000 a year for each client I want to give volumetric measurement capabilities to for their jobs? This is pretty crazy considering I can do the same on Skycatch for $10/month ($120) a year per client user account I create. Especially crazy if many clients only have a one-time job, or very infrequent jobs. This essentially forces me to use Skycatch instead of DroneDeploy or do the calculations myself.

I would suggest rethinking your pricing structure in this regard unless I am misunderstanding how it works?

Also in general the sharing functionality is pretty poor in that you should be able to see a screen of who has access to what, add/remove access and or and/remove client accounts. It seems thus far DD was definitely designed much more so from the perspective of the pilot, and not the pilot’s clients. It would be SO much more useful, if I could have greater flexibility in managing client access including the ability to limit access on a work product level such as a client that just needs an orthomosaic, I don’t need or want to show them the 3D Model.

You guys have made good progress with your capital investment but have a LONG ways to go. Look forward to more improvements and I suggest you work on some more real-world use case stories to base your future feature designs on.

If you load your .obj file into McNeel’s Rhino 6 program you can do volumetric measurements at no cost with a Python script.

Regards,
Terry.

We’re all about customer service, and ease of use. We have large, non-technical clients with 100 acre facilities with dozens and dozens of piles and they want to measure themselves. Asking them to use Rhino 6 and Python Script is of course not practical. DroneDeploy just falls short (feature and pricing wise) when evaluating it’s interface, features, and access control flexibility from the perspective of sharing data with end clients.

If they are that large of an operation maybe they would think about getting their own DroneDeploy account and you just do the flying and the prep? I am testing this scenario with a large developer now, but time will tell. It definitely helps to sit down with them for a couple training sessions. I suspect that as the AI stockpile function gets better that this will become less of an issue, but if your not familiar with materials it would still be hard to classify the stockpiles. That may be the next step in the AI after auto-recognition of the pile to understand the type of material from the RGB… I can dream right?