Failed flight plans

Planned a flight, connected DJI Phantom 4 - got to the Ready to fly - started flight - Phantom went to starting point (manually selected) - took 12 pictures and then all waypoints dissapeared from the screen and the Phantom started flying slowly towards the Home Point.

Switched to manual - flew home and planned a new mission, with the same result.

WTD?

Has this happened on only one mission or consistently?

On three plans, where I chose another starting point than the app suggested. Yesterday I lflew a new plan without changing anything, an it was successfull.

You mean changing the starting point by rotating the plan?

No - by changing the startpoint by using Advanced > Starting Waypoint. I have rotated before without problems.

Ultimately I enden up making a new plan and did not touch any settings, and succeded in getting the flight done. So I think there must be a bug in the Advanced section

Did this string die?

This may have dropped off by accident. I’m forwarding the issue to QA to see if they can reproduce for us.

Made two flight plans yesterday on PC, uploaded and executed the first on a Phant 4 Pro - started - all greens - took off. Drone flies up - camera points down, and the drone flies away - far away from planned waypoints (I managed to take over and recover the drone) - Made a new flight plan on site - tried again - same story…

Made two flight plans yesterday on PC, uploaded and executed the first on a Phant 4 Pro - started - all greens - took off. Drone flies up - camera points down, and the drone flies away - far away from planned waypoints (I managed to take over and recover the drone) - Made a new flight plan on site - tried again - same story…

Does OA work?
New Deploy and haven’t used it yet.

Hi @morch,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a less than ideal experience. I would first like to understand exactly what happened so that I can better assist you.

1. Did you calibrate the compass at the location prior to flying?
  2. What was the name of the flight plan that this incident occurred on?
  3. Were you in an area with strong wifi or other radio signals?
  4. Did the issue persist if you created a flight in a different area/location?

For your reference, here is our Drone Pilot Policy.

We’ll start with these.

Did not calibrate on location (P4 didn’t ask for it as i usually does) Flew a few miles from the place a couple of hours earlier without problems.
All software and firmware was up to date
I deleted the two failed plans - I plan to try again tomorrow morning. I’ve made two new vaarstvej vest and vaarstvej east

There was a thunderstorm 10 kilometers away - I suspect that that might have had some influence - but I don’t know. Flying manually later I lost GPS twice as well.

There is no wifi in that area

I’ll make at test in another area in which I’ve flown before without problems before I go back

Thanks for getting back to me @morch. Let’s try recalibrating your compass prior to flying and ensuring that there is nothing nearby that can potentially interfere with connections.

If the issue still persists after these steps and in a different area, let me know.