EVO RTK 3D Model Screen Shot

That’s a beauty! Give us some stats! I’d love to see the processing report too.

2 Likes

https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/data/6159c24b8d39718712dbbf93?jwt_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJleHAiOjI1MzQwMjMwMDc5OSwiaWQiOiI2MTU5YzI0YjhkMzk3MTg3MTJkYmJmOTMiLCJzY29wZSI6WyI5YTBmMjY0NzM3X0M2QjJEMzdCRTBPUEVOUElQRUxJTkUiXSwidHlwZSI6IlJlYWRPbmx5UGxhbiIsIm92ZXJsYXlfZm9sZGVyX2lkIjoiNjE1OWMyMzU4ZDM5NzE4NzEyZGJiZjkxIn0.TwCcX2AoUbybeu4nZoB-kSoAyh60wVocuayE81B6fBSvwxYuuqV3TZiXlrzSGd2klhbk4tqzVH3v35MBZ6On9A

Processing: report.pdf…

It’s amazing how far we’ve come in the last 2 years considering how far it came the two years before that. That’s pretty much the same results we’re getting with the Yuneec but we do see the camera location RMSE start to climb the larger the project gets. I don’t know if this is inherent to using just rtk or if it is something between the Yuneec and DroneDeploy. Have you done anything more than 30-40 acres? That’s where I see the numbers start to jump.

11 acres map, RTK on drone only. Thoughts?

Looks great. Better than we’re getting on horizontal but there are some other strange things that I am pretty sure are in the DD configuration. We get the same numbers as you in Metashape and Correlator 3D but DD always shows about 7-8in horizontal and 3-4 vertical which is completely backwards from what you’d expect. One thing I want to find out is if those outliers with the higher residuals are part of the equation. If so and you slightly overflew but cropped the map back down a little for processing would the values get better?

Yes, something in DD is not right with RTK drones… Its not weighting the values correctly, in meta shape my numbers are spot on. withing 2 to 3 cm

Ours with the Yuneec all of the sudden got much better. Have you noticed anything over the last two weeks? We did have an update to the DataPilot flight control software but I don’t see how that would affect it this way.

I would have to reprocess to see…

1 Like