Duplicate model - Secondary model hovering over primary

Hi guys,

This is the first time I’ve had this happen to one of my building scans, I’ve ended up with two models, one hovering above the other.

Untitled

I processed using the ‘structure’ mode and scanned it using one NADIR pass, one mid-height oblique and then one at ground level with me walking the P3 around taking the pics. All of this was done in one flight with one battery, no change over.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened and how I can prevent it from happening again in the future? I suspect that perhaps the model above is from my hand-held walk around images but I’m not sure how or why this would occur.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Flight ID: 6260b4941c_93FF871A05OPENPIPELINE

Thanks,

Jas

@TheAeroScout Thanks for reaching out. This occurs when you have two elevation profiles that greatly differ from each other. I would recommend re flying your orbitals not by hand but at a lower elevation right above the structure. Thanks!

Thanks @Yusuf

So this is because I flew my high oblique profile at 8m AGL and then walked around at 1m AGL, there was too much between the two?

If I stepped the ‘elevation profiles’ closer together would that solve the issue? What if I did 10m, 5m and then 1m profiles, would that be ok?

I’d like to be able to do the hand-held profile as it enables some imagery under the eaves of the house / overhangs etc

Thanks again. :slight_smile: