DroneDeploy Pre-v4.2 Lag/Freeze/Crash (Latest Interface)

Still not a solution? It’s time to find it, right?

2 Likes

Don’t have any updates here.

Update to version 4.0 downloaded and testing. So far working perfectly.

2 Likes

Using DD v4.0 android (S10E SMG9700, android 10) flew MPP (current fw/sw), and experienced several DD crash/restarts across multiple flights. Thought this was supposed to have been fixed?

2 Likes

Not officially resolved. Some users have been able to get better performance by making sure that all other apps are closed. I myself always turn off WiFi. Unfortunately the other option is to get a device with more horsepower. We as users are doing what we can and will be keeping this forum updated, but for now consider the issue still live and being sorted.

Hi everyone.

I’m Sander from Brazil (Araxá/MG) and I’m having the same problems of @LabellaRVA, @Maverick and others.

In addition to mapping activities, I do photographic monitoring of a site work for over a year once a week. I follow the same flight route since the beginning of the work.

Does anyone knows if I delete the app I will lose the flight plans?

I’m running the app (Drone Deploy 4.1.0) on a iPad Mini 4 13.3 iOS and it is a Phantom 4 PRO

1 Like

Log into your account online. If all of your plans are there they are not app dependant and will import back to your device if you reinstall.

2 Likes

Still having problems. Last Monday I flew some stockpiles at a pulp mill, about 145 acres in all, and the app kept freezing. Although the drone flew the mission normally, it was a bit unnerving not to be able see the progress or the amount of battery left.

Another quirk was as it was finishing up the mission it flew home twice and landed. The app did not seem to want to finish the entire mission, saying that I needed to continue. So I sent it back to “finish” and it flew back to the location a continued for a few seconds, then flew back home. Again, the app wanted to continue, but I ended it there. It seems all required photos were taken.

I’ve flown these exact missions before without the app totally freezing up. And it seems to be gradually getting worse.

Doug

P4P (latest firmware), DD app 4.1.0, iPad 4 Mini, iOS 13.3.

1 Like

Just keeping a running tally. We have intermittent lagging, continual lagging, solid freezing and crashing.

How about intermittent freezing? Is anyone experiencing a decent length freeze and had the app return to working order before the flight was up?

Yes. I’ve had some intermittent instances, but the progress map never came back to live. Always have the FPV screen, although very choppy lately.

2 Likes

Hi. Same here. I switched to Android device and it worked perfect. I usually fly with an iPad.

2 Likes

iPad 5th generation
iOS 13.3

1 Like

I have closed the other threads related to this topic and consolidated some of the most relevant content to this thread. Please let me know if you see other threads dealing with this issue that are still open.

Any team updates? @Andrew_Fraser @Jamespipe @GregO @Dave @Kaitlin_Blando @Erika_Houseman

Thanks @MichaelL. We’re actively exploring performance improvements to help all devices (even the older ones). Definitely want the app to be super quick for everyone.

1 Like

Thanks @Andrew_Fraser. Please let us know what you need to move forward.

I am also having the same issues as everyone is describing here on the latest flight app version. Slow startup time, several minutes to load projects, unresponsive while trying to set up project, lagging behind while in flight. Was able to complete two small projects but the app is almost unusable right now.

DJI inspire 2, ipad mini, ios 11

1 Like

Couldn’t get my iPad to screen record with DD open so I used my phone.

DD Lag Video 1

DD Lag Video 2

@MichaelL Super helpful thanks

I’ve tried using DD on my Phantom 4 V2 on my I-phone and Android phone, mobile version 4.1.1.
Both systems lag at start up and I can’t get access to all my projects. Once I select a project the system freezes. Any tips?

1 Like

If you are in the field try turning of the WiFi. I have seen this sometimes where the interface will not load properly with WiFi and Mobile Data on. This doesn’t really relate to the lagging, but moreso the refreshing and updating of the interface.