DroneDeploy iOS Version 4.2 Bugs

Has anyone else seen a notification about a “non-DJI device”? I’ve seen it two or three times, but wasn’t paying enough attention to it to see if it happened during any consistent action.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve had that too. Restarted the app and it went away.

1 Like

This happens if I connect without any cameras attached as well. When using any of the compatible DJI payloads, then the app behaves normally. I want to be able to test the Sentera Double 4K with the new terrain awareness, but no can do at present.

2 Likes

Mine went away by itself. I will keep an eye out tomorrow to see if it seems to happen at any consistent point in time.

Speaking of terrain awareness… Has anyone found it in the app? I beta tested a time back and it was pulled, but have not seen anything return as advertised.

It’s there under advanced settings, but I had a big issue when using it so be careful:

I was going to fly an offline flight, so I downloaded the map beforehand with terrain awareness enabled. Once at the site (45min-1h away from phone signal) DD wouldn’t start the flight because it couldn’t fetch terrain data (odd, since I made it available offline). I would’ve been fine if terrain awareness could be turned off while offline (which makes sense that it should, since it is disabling a data dependent feature), but it doesn’t let you. Trip wasted and and planification delayed.

1 Like

Ok, it’s not in my interface. Are you now on 4.2? I also notice that after the 4.2 update that I no longer have access to the new dashboard. @Andrew_Fraser, can you confirm this?

@MichaelL We’ve proactively disabled new dashboard for device models where we’ve noticed slowness due to higher device requirements - this should immediately improve some of the issues you’ve experienced. We’re also working on performance improvements and will re-enable new dashboard access once those are released.

Terrain Awareness is accessed by selecting the icon to the left of flight altitude on a mapping flight plan. Note the icon will turn red if we detect potential conflicts with the terrain. Offline Terrain Awareness is not yet supported, but will be coming in a future release.

1 Like

Ok, so the latest 10.2 iPad is having issues and not the previous versions?

Found the Terrain Awareness icon on the main flight planning page, thank you!

@MichaelL iPad Mini 4 remains the most problematic - but your reports led to disabling iPad Pro 10.5" temporarily until we push some improvements.

1 Like

Yes, just re checked, it’s 4.2. And my bad, it’s the small icon next to flight altitude as @Andrew_Fraser said. I got confused with the “Available offline” option location.

@Andrew_Fraser before terrain awareness is available offline (which is going to be great), I think fixing the issue of it not being able to be disabled offline would be a great improvement in the meantime. Or perhaps just a big warning.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Another issue:

I had my slots for offline basemaps full, so I freed them all, but it still registered 1 used. I re checked all my old maps and they are all off, so I only managed to add 9 of my newer ones.

1 Like

Can you see which map is hung up? You might try opening in Google incognito to see if it’s still resides there and if it does if you can then release it.

1 Like

Is the iPad mini 4 needing to be replaced or will I be ok for a bit longer with dronedeploy? I’ve been experiencing the same issues and haven’t been able to try the new update yet due to weather.

Phantom 4 pro
iPad mini 4

1 Like

Good G, one would hope that a SAAS would support one hardware version back.

I had all the above mentioned bugs. So I reinstalled with the earlier version - no problems.
Here is a link to that older version v3.18 ( Android only ):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhnrlcxsp3p4jsh/DroneDeploy%20Mapping%20for%20DJI_v3.18.0_apkpure.com.apk?dl=0

2 Likes

It seems to be an internet sync thing. Whenever I get good enough connection it seems to resolve, but while having bad connectivity, it’s a mess.

Today the app had particularly long load times compared to yesterday, maybe a server side issue?

1 Like

The long load times are making my phone (iPhone 6s) heat up like crazy, but it’s working fine with my other regular apps, so I’m discarding the possibility of hardware malfunction. I can barely use the app right now.

I still have 5 more days of flights ahead of me. HELP! :frowning:

UPDATE: It might be some cache/garbage disposal thing. I deleted and reinstalled the app and it’s working faster and cooler.

1 Like

Pretty self-explanatory. Still using the new flight UI. The new Dashboard had its own problems which are gone since it was deactivated on my device model. My first flight today it was fine, but I did notice that on this one I had poor cell reception so could it possibly be an internet dependence issue?

Flight Screen Recording

How can I disable it? Can’t seem to find the option. Thanks

1 Like