Background: Bought a Mavic 2 Pro a few months ago to map some fields with. DroneDeploy was reccomended as a flight planning software, and I really liked it! I made my first mission, connected to the drone and everything worked flawlessly; once and only once.
It started with my android tablet and cable i was using. I connected to the drone, opened up DroneDeploy and went to fly another mission. I got the error “Mission has been saved, please connect to a drone to fly” I unplugged the cable, plugged it back in and got the confirmation message: “Drone Connected.” Yet when i pressed the button to fly the mission, i got the same error message: “Mission has been saved, please connect to a drone to fly.” I did this several more times until I switched out my own cable for the short cable that comes with the controller. This seemed to do the trick, and my drone flew its mission.
The next time I tried the same thing. This time the short cable did not work either. The DroneDeploy App would tell me that the drone is connected, and then give the same error “Mission has been saved, please connect to a drone to fly” whenever i went to launch the mission. I decided to try my android phone with the DroneDeploy app. It didn’t work right away, but after repeatedly unplugging and re plugging in the USB cable it eventually would connect. This went on for a few more missions. I would get the error, and unplug and replug the usb cable several times in different sequences trying to ascertain the magic combination. It would always eventually work, so i lived with it.
It has now stopped working entirely. The DroneDeploy App will tell me the drone is connected, but that I need to connect to a drone to fly.
Things I have tried:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Restarting my phone, the controller, and the drone in every possible combination
- Several different cables, unplugged and replugged in every combination possible, during every stage of startup possible.
- Clearing the USB defaults
- The procedure as described in this post: Cannot connect to DJI drone
- The procedure as described in DroneDeploy’s troublshooting guide: https://support.dronedeploy.com/docs/android-connection-issue
- Making sure all my firmware and devices were up to date
- Getting a second Mavic 2 Pro and trying to fly with it
- Trying the app on a second Android phone
- Uninstalling every other flight app on my phone
- Sacrificing a goat on the eve of the summer solstice
I’m at my wits end. I’ve tried different software to fly missions, and none of them work exactly the way I want them to. DroneDeploy was perfect, when it worked. I just want it to work again.
Things that do work:
- Connecting to any other flight app I’ve tried
- DJI GO 4
Does anyone have any fresh ideas on this problem?