I have been running (or flying) into an issue when using DroneDeploy Version Mobile 4.3.0 during Panorama missions. I only experienced this issue occasionally a few months ago, but now it seems as though 90% of panorama missions run into this issue.
When I initiate the checklist right before launching a mission, the way point that is set in the distance for the panorama flight will shift to the home point (take off location).
The normal course of action usually have to take is rather tedious and convoluted:
- Exit the pre-flight checklists, and re-initiate the pre-flight checklists. Still encounter the way point issue.
- Shut down the DroneDeploy app, restart app, restart checklists. Still encounter the way point issue.
- Make copy of panorama flight plan in the same mission, initiate pre-flight checklists. Still encounter the way point issue.
- Create brand new mission, create new panorama flight plan trying to mimic the original panorama flight plan. Initiate pre-flight checklists. Still encounter the way point issue.
- Shut down the DroneDeploy app, restart the app, re-initiate the pre-flight checklists. Sometimes this will do the trick and I will be able to fly the panorama mission as planned.
If the mission is not functioning as planned after step 5, I usually have to create yet another blank project and try and recreate the panorama mission within the new project. If that continues to not solve the problem, I rinse and repeat the above steps until I can strong arm the app into working.
We’ve had a few hiccups with other older projects when trying to fly, which leads to me to believe that the older a project get, the more prone it is to experiencing issues when initiating a flight. However for panoramas, we have been experiencing the above issue no matter the age of the project.
I am posting here to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue, and if there is anything I can do to smooth out this process.
Running DroneDeploy on iOS 13.3.1. Hardware is an 11" iPad Pro.