Drone just hovers

DJI Phantom 4 v2, IPAD. Flew 3 missions fine on Monday would not work rest of week. Removed app from Ipad and reloaded the next Monday and flew 3 more missions fine. next day would not work. the drone would start the mission then shortly after starting would stop and hover. would have to manually fly or return to home. Is anybody else having this issue. Is anybody else having this issue?

1 Like

Do you have the obstacle avoidance on? I have had this issue when it is on and you are flying into the sun. It sees it as an obstacle and stops flying. Either turn off obstacle avoidance (preferred method) or try rotating your flight path. Not sure if this is what is causing our issue but it may be a part of it. Something to try.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever seen anything like that I was in restricted airspace that wasn’t shown on any maps. Apparently they had changed one section of a map that I had already flown several times. The next time I looked at it on dji’s website the tight had changed and I had to unlock the controller. no other apps would inform me that I was in such a zone so I had to make sure to start flights with DJI go before switching to drone deploy.

We turned off obstacle avoidance and did not make a difference.

We are a Forestry company so our work is away from airports cities and this mission is not near any restricted airspace.

The drone flies a couple lines of the mission than stops and hovers. press return to home button and the drone comes back and lands like it is suppose to.

1 Like

Are you using Terrain Awareness? We had a similar issue a couple months ago while trying to use the Terrain Awareness feature on a flight. Our P4P V2 flew about 1/3 of the mission and then stopped and hovered. We landed, swapped batteries and turned off the Terrain Awareness feature, this fixed the stop and hover issue for us.

2 Likes

It appears our problem was the iPad we were using. The Ipad Air 3rd gen 2019 is not on the list of supported devices. We switched to an iPad Pro from 2018 and the 2 missions we flew worked fine. Hopefully it will keep working. Thank you for all the replys.

2 Likes

Disable obstacle avoidance or hit the pause button once it just hovers. Hitting the pause button on the transmitter will tell it to continue the mission.