Drone deploy software in manned aircraft

Hello. Is Dronedeploy software can be used in a manned aircraft? It’s for an air photo project flow by conventional aircraft. Looking for a GPS based camera control app

Thanks

1 Like

If your camera allows for it and your images are geotagged with GPS WGS84 latitude, longitude and some type of altitude relative to the camera position then you can process the photos in DroneDeploy. Obviously this is a different type of use-case that I am not familiar with, but you should be able to easily get the longitude and latitude from the camera. The altitude maybe a different story. Worst-case you could set up a PPK system with a GPS receiver as a base station on the ground and another as a rover next to where you have the camera mounted and use a PPK method to geotag the photos. That said, pretty awesome use case and I would be interested in assisting.

I think I’m OK with geotagging the pics and do the processing. What puzzles me is how to automaticaly take the pics based on waypoints along the flight path.

1 Like

Depending on the camera you use you can look up Ardupilot and can use it to trigger the camera. Basically your making a RC mapping plane but using a real plane.

Your speed and altitude is gonna cause you a little headache since it can take up to 2 secs to save a photo out and in a manner plane you are doing 75mph+ so your covering some distance between trigger event.

Also put the camera on a 3 axis gimbal which Ardupilot can help with as well.

1 Like

I would get on the Emlid Community forum. They are far more experienced with more complex shooting systems, including ArduPilot. You will find a ton of posts on that alone. Shooting with more professional gear you can easily get your fire at one/sec so it is up to the focal length you choose and how tight your sidelaps are.

1 Like