DJI Phantom 4 Pro lost

DJI Phantom 4 Pro lost. Аfter takeoff gained a height of 80 m. Ceased to respond to the sticks. Flew in one direction. At loss of communication with the remote control did not return

DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Device Model Lenovo TB-7504X
Device Operating System Android 7.0

DroneDeploy 2.84.0

Hi @yudin_aa

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve lost your Phantom 4. We take missing drones and drone crashes extremely seriously - our success is your success. I’ll be direct messaging you to open up a support ticket.

To anyone reading this thread in a similar situation - the best way to have DroneDeploy Support analyze a crash is to email us at support@dronedeploy :grinning:

Any resolution to yudin_aa issue? My Phantom 4 Pro took off on me this fall also, I was able to get control and bring it home. Scared to fly it with Dronedeploy again. Have flown it with the DJI Go app and all worked fine.

Still in communication with him.

To be clear, DroneDeploy can’t really crash or lose a drone itself. I have not seen it in my tenure here. Having a successful manual flight just means a different set of variables at that moment are affecting the DJI SDK compared to the DD flight and it responds differently. Problems you might have had during a DroneDeploy flight are 100% sitting latent with a chance they might present themselves during a manual flight.

There isn’t a command we send that would cause a drone to lose control in and of itself. If you’re scared to fly with DroneDeploy, your drone needs to be analyzed and inspected. Or, you had a bit of bad luck with the loss of a GPS signal, for example. Sometimes unavoidable.

We are and continue to work very hard on messaging when something is going wrong on the DJI side, but it’s difficult to do without many false positives.

Adam I was not accusing DD of causing the loss of the drone. Just wondering if there was a setting or some settings that needed fixing or something within the area he was flying from that may have caused the fly away.

I also lost my Phantom 4 yesterday… came here looking for answers.

I get what the support is saying about the app not sending a command that would cause it to lose control, but that’s different from the app itself, unable to maintain connection, with RC, and/or GPS AND to have sufficient features to allow you to recover from such loss… big difference. I have several drones, and have been flying for over three years, two as commercial pilot with over 40 paid missions, and have lost connections many times using DJI GO, but in all cases, the app reconnected on it’s own, or flew home safely. Just stating some facts… sorry to jump on your case yudin_aa… I hope you get some help with your issue

I don’n know what happend, but it happened when I turned on “Set Exposure Manually in DJI Go” and “Set Focus Manually in DJI Go”.
Usually I flew with camera settings disabled.

I don’t have the last flight logs. They are not saved in DD.