Dji Mavic Mini Dronedeploy

I have a mini and they take great video and work well for commercial shoots and indoors for example
Glad I have added it

Did some promotional video for a Recreational dealer to use on FB, but do not think they would be too great for mapping as they are very small and any breeze is going to be pushing them around pretty good.

They also do not like -36C either, lol and quick to tell you that on screen

3 Likes

Good News! According to this link the Mavic Mini will be getting SDK support in April.

5 Likes

Well that is just fantastic. Whatā€™s it gonna take for DD to go ahead and integrate?

I really hope the Mini gets integrated in to DD!

3 Likes

Hey @N_J, welcome to the forum. We just need to continue to get posts. Anyone that is interested please email support at suport@dronedeploy.com. If we can ā€œspamā€ them then it moves up in the priority list.

@Jamespipe

1 Like

Done, email sent, thanks! I noticed the exact same question and thread over on Pix4Dcapture boards, wonder who will be first to market.

2 Likes

Hi, I work in a School in the Uk and have a mini mavic to capture pictures of our ever falling cliff edge, obviously the mapping would be a great asset to me with making my monthly reports! Does anybody know if this is any nearer, obviously I understand things may be delayed due to corona etc. Many thanks Mark, (a very green drone user)

1 Like

Yes please! That would mark the difference between cancel our DroneDeploy subscription and buys some more!

We reached out to support to request this, hereā€™s the answer we got back "Right now, we do not support the Mavic Mini unfortunately. This is due to itsā€™ cellular compatibility (we need an internet connection to the cloud, and controller that supports that) - as well as itā€™s non-commercial size. "

This is what I have heard as well including the precessor Spark which had other issues. The controllers are pretty dumb and more like a toy. That said, I do not agree with the size comment. We need to think of drones as tools and a hammer isnā€™t always the right tool. A Mavic Mini could be a huge asset for pilots that work on small sites and residential. For us it would also be a big thing inside of buildings, especially 50k+ sqft that need to be documented. This is very similar to what the Skydio 2 is designed for except smaller.

I was goong to purchase the MM until I read this thread. I need to hike miles out in very rugged terrain and fly a planned flight. I need DD, or a comparable product, to do this. Please make it work.

3 Likes

the community needs you to enable the mavic mini, the sdk already exists. other software is offering it and you could do better. please.

3 Likes

Any updates from DD on the MM ?

1 Like

Hi, there are a couple of SDKs from DJI including Mavic Mini is available. Is there possible that added the support for Mavic Mini into DroneDeploy so that you could do the software better and get new clients? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, yes please add Mavic Mini for Dronedeploy ! it will help flying small areas with the same result using Mavic Air before.

1 Like

Are you sure? It doesnā€™t say so on the support page

You are correct. I will remove my other post. It looks like Dronelink might work, but it is $20. I also read that Pix4D is looking for a couple of good 4k x 3k datasets so they can get their camera calibration configured. I found another post and they donā€™t have plans to support in 2020, but here comes 2021.

You could also try to get on the Litchi Beta.

hereā€™s another one https://flytnow.com/

We are planning to give it a test in the upcoming weeksā€¦

2 Likes

Add me to the list!

Story Time: After doing a bunch of research, last year I bought the MM in order to map out my ranch in HD.
ā€¦obviously I didnā€™t do enough research, because Iā€™ve since lived in frustration & regret.

I appreciate this comprehensive thread, and as you suggest, will send an email to DD.

If anyone still needs example pics, please ley me know. FYI: Iā€™m not even an amateur droner yet.

1 Like

Just updated to the latest Litchi on iOS yesterday and it is supporting the Mavic Mini 1 with everything except waypoints which means that the SDK is still not ready for mapping and even though Flytnow and Litchi are supporting it note how Flytnow never eludes to the fact that it can do waypoint missions with the Mini.

Please note that DJIā€™s waypoint and orbit mode are not supported in the Mavic Mini SDK and as stated by a DJI forum moderator the options were not supported mainly due to the fact that the drone has no obstacle avoidance. The FAQ on DJIā€™s website states that the Mini 2 does not support obstacle avoidance either despite the fact that many other sources across the internet think it does have front OA.