DJI Firmware Update Warning "...for increased safety, flight is restricted..."

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can’t find reference anywhere and found some long-winded, but inconclusive discussions on the DJI forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-99610-1-1.html).

Before going to fly a mission at the beginning of September, 2017, I fired up the DJIGo4 app and was told I needed to update the firmware on my DJI Phantom 4 Pro to V02.00.0106. I downloaded the firmware and was about to update the firmware when the following language caught my eye:

“For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.”

Can someone help translate this for me? I have many questions, but I guess the most important is:

1. If I fire up the DroneDeploy app with the DJI GO 4 iOS app completely closed, will I be able to fly a mission after updating the firmware?

Thanks! J

A post was merged into an existing topic: Drone Deploy destroyed my new P4 pro on its first mission!

Hi @whistleboy,

The update for DJI was released a while ago and DroneDeploy is currently on the latest SDK, so these restrictions shouldn’t affect any DroneDeploy missions.

Where are you flying?

Keep me posted,
Christina