DJI Air2S not compatible?

Android first? That is odd and maybe not good for the mapping solutions. hopefully they can get something figured out. I think what will end up happening is the joystick waypoint control will takeoff first so solutions like Dronelink, Maven and Litchi may be end of Spring of '22.

I am waiting for waypoint

1 Like

Any updates on Air 2S has compatibility with Drone Deploy as yet? Thought I heard it was going to be soon :crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

I am also wondering how much longer until the air 2s is compatible, bit longer than i thought.

2 Likes

Not official but based on their history I would expect at least 4-5 more months. I have been seeing allot of chatter that it may be sooner but DJI is not providing anything concrete and we have to remember that the 3rd party developers will still have to run it through their testing programs.

Thanks for sharing! I would love to have an inexpensive little inspection drone..

1 Like

Micheal,
This may be of use to answer the question

We’ll see. This is the second announced date so we are already four months overdue and we still don’t know for certain whether or not this will even unlock the type of waypoints that automated mapping software uses which are different than what something like Dronelink or Litchi uses.

So, the SDK has been released!?!?!?!

1 Like

Welcome K_B! No, the SDK update we need has not been released. The video is just speculating like everyone else waiting on DJI.

I’m waiting on this too.

Looks like support was released for Air 2S in the Android 4.16 SDK:
https://developer.dji.com/

2 Likes

DJI just released the SDK for the AIR 2S. Should be a little while while DroneDeploy works on incorporating the SDK into the DD app.

1 Like

Replied with some relevant info on another thread that might clear things up a little. I will share the release notes here as well.

Here’s PDFs of the current releases.

DJI mSDK iOS

DJI mSDK Android

Just bought my first drone Air 2s. Tried to get on using mapping which led me here. So anything new?

Getting closer!