DD slow on iPad

I’ m wondering if DD has gotten to large for my iPad. In the past I would use my iPad with DD without any issues. Anymore it is very slow to load and then I cannot complete a mission. App flashes and goes off and back on.

1 Like

Which app version and iPad are you using?

Ipad model ME991LL/B
Software version 12.4.5

DD PRO version 4.4.1-4.4.1

1 Like

Hi Russ,

The DD Flight app as of V4 is requiring more processing power than it used in V3. If you can restore a backup of V3, you can probably continue without issue. However, if you are committed to V4 then your iPad air is probably no longer sufficient to run the app.

@russhog1 The original 2013 iPad Air does not meet minimum device specifications. We suggest a more current device. If you need more assistance, please reach out to our support team who would be happy to help.

1 Like

@russhog1, my IPad Pro 10.5 was crashing out as well. It’s not just older models, so whereas your 2013 model is struggling with the V4 software now, so is my Pro 2017-18, despite it being well spec’d

The V4 software has been stupid hungry on resources since it’s release last year, but it looks like DD have finally improved on it over the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, DD wouldn’t allow us to backdate to V3 in the meantime and I couldn’t wait any longer than the six months it’s already been to fix things, so was forced into upgrading to a Pro 2020. Not good, but was the only viable way forward for me.

2 Likes

Over a year ago I had the same issue with my iPad. I removed everything other than Drone Deploy, Litchi, and DJI, and that solved the problem. Basically I don’t use the iPad for anything but drone operations. Also make sure you have plenty of available memory by clearing flight history and photos.

2 Likes