DD changing camera to auto from manual

Hi @Jackie,

This is currently a known issue we are investigating. Hopefully my team and I will be able to share something soon.

Cheers,
Christina

Hello! I am having problems with focusing, the pictures are blurry. I have set focus to auto in DJI GO 4, but the pictutes are out of focus. Any advice? Using Android.

Which drone are you using?

Sorry, I forgot, Mavic Pro with Huawei T3.

Hi @newhouse,

Can you verify that you are still experiencing this issue after checking that all of your software on your devices are up to date and rebooting all your devices?

Keep me posted,
Christina

I installed DD Tuesday afternoon late (after 5p CDT) and tried my first mission. Set my flight speed to 15 mph height at 150ā€™ and 79 frontal and sitemap auto camera settings. All applications and operating system updated on galaxy s2 tablet. P4 updated as well. Flew 2 more missions with altitudes of 69 and 55 feet afterwards. Live image feed appeared clean and it was not until I returned home that I saw all photos were very blurry. Noticed that my previously set DJI app camera settings were now changed when I exited DD and launched go4. Three missions and wasted time. I have to tell you as a new user, seeing this from a ā€œfinished productā€ with a monthly fee of $100 was disappointing. Suggest some editing on the shutter speed calculations.

We have an experimental shutter mode that will set the shutter speed correctly, I enabled this on your account and it should prevent you from seeing any blurry photos due to shutter speed.

Excellent Thanks! Will test it out and report back

Is this issue fixed yet? Iā€™m going out to do a job where itā€™s going to take me several hours and a lot of hiking to set up my GCPs. Iā€™m hoping not to fly it twice.

Adding that we are also having issues. DJI Phantom 3 Pro. All firmware updated. Latest version of Drone Deploy running on an iPad Mini 4 running iOS 10.2.1.

We create the mission in Drone Deploy desktop and ensure that ā€œAutomatic Camera Settingsā€ are switched off in Advanced Settings. On arrival at the mission site we open DJI Go, ensure that the camera is set to manual and then manually set the ISO and shutter speed according to conditions before closing DJI Go, opening Drone Deploy, double checking in Drone Deploy that Automatic Camera Settings is still switched off and then starting the mission.

Almost immediately we can see the exposure settings change on the live view window on Drone Deploy (especially as the gimbal pitches down) and the manual settings are overridden. Over the course of the rest of the flight the exposure varies wildly between massively overexposed to massively underexposed and everything in between. Overexposure appears to be particularly frequent at the point when the drone makes a turn to double back to the next waypoint.

On landing, when we close Drone Deploy and reopen DJI Go the camera has reverted to automatic.

The resultant imagery is virtually unusable.

Can someone from DD please post an update about the expected date that this will be fixed?

1 Like

Hi @brianpgreen and @ChampionHouse,

Our team is still working on providing a fix for this issue and unfortunately I do not have a timeline to share at the moment.

Cheers,
Christina

Mavic cannot focus camera during missions since latest updates. Everything is updated to current firmware as of 09/22/2017. In the past Iā€™ve had no problems with focus. I would fly up to mission altitude with GO4 App, point camera down, manually set exposure and focus, then close GO4 App, next open DD app and start mission with no problems. This no longer works. The camera seems to be focusing further away than intended since the corners of the image are closer to being in focus than the center. Iā€™ve also tried running all camera settings in auto. Same results in auto camera settings. Iā€™m aware of the ā€œAutomatic Camera Settingsā€ slider in DD and used it accordingly. The focus problem is exactly out of focus in the same way every flight no matter what settings I use. Is DD overriding the focus values I set manually in GO4 and trying to set focus for the intended altitude? Seems telling that it is consistently off by the same focal distance regardless of input.

Please helpā€¦

Issue began 09/22/2017

Mavic Pro
Aircraft Version 01.04.000
Remote Controller Version 01.04.000
DJI Go4 App Version 4.1.9
DD version 2.57.0 - 2.57.1
Iphone 7 IOS Version 10.3.3

I was planning to fly my first test of DroneDeploy mapping tonight. However, my drone is a Mavic Pro.

Is there any point in attempting a map tonight, or will I just produce blurry images with this current software version (iOS / iPad Mini 4)?

It is working with correct exposure and focus for the majority of Mavic owners. Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Will do - thank you!

We are just testing our next release (v2.58.0), which contains a fix for manual camera settings on both Android and iOS. The respective app stores will notify you when this is available, but it should be within nex next 2-7 days. Thanks all for your patience on this issue. We realise itā€™s very frustrating, and that many of you have diligently tested on many devices.

James Pipe
Product Manager
DroneDeploy

I flew my first map last night with my Mavic Pro. All the pics are out of focus. I used the DJI Go 4 app to launch, and set my camera settings on Auto before switching over to the DroneDeploy app.

If I fly up to mapping altitude and then manually focus in DJI Go 4 before switching over to DD app, will that help?

If not, is the beta version available?

Hi @LancerX,

Weā€™re currently working on the issue where Mavic drones are unable to focus properly. I hope to have an update to share soon.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.

Cheers,
Christina

I have used the Dronedeploy app now for almost a year, and I have managed to make many very nice ortophotos. But I have noticed that every now and then, especially after Dronedeploy or DJI releases a new version of DJI GO, the app has problem with certain parts of the mission. Sometimes I get larger lags on the camera window, other times I have huge lags on the GPS path. One thing that seems to be more recurrent and problematic than other is the DJI GO manual camera settings. After choosing the ā€œmanualā€ settings in the advanced menu and then closing the Dronedeploy app, I open the DJI GO app and sett the camera settings to manual, close the DJI GO app and then restart Dronedeploy. Everything seems fine until the camera capture starts. Immediately I can see the camera settings go back to automatic as the small camera view brightens. In low light conditions the aperture goes down to 1/30 to compensate. I donā€™t need to explain how the pictures look. Itā€™s a mess! Will there ever be a version without these problems? I start to loose my patience.

These problems have been there since I started using the app.

I have used the app on Inspire 1, DJI 3 pro and DJI 4 pro

I have used the app on Iphone 5, Iphone SE and Apple Ipad mini 2nd generation with same problem on all platforms.

It might default activate the Auto Camera settings when you reopen the DD app.
I would turn off Auto Cam settings the last thing you do before you sent it to the checklist.