DD asked me log in when I was in a remote place, which made me cancel the trip

I traveled to a remote place which does not have an internet connection. My tablet does not have the data network either (WIFI only). I have been using DD at the same place without any interruption before. But today, DD asked me to log in which was not available there. So I had to cancel my trip and come back without getting any data.

Does it sometimes ask a user to log in like that I had today?
What is the problem with it?

I would recommend turning off automatic updates in the App Store and manually checking every couple of weeks. Sounds like you had the perfect storm where the app updated in between your last Wi-Fi connection and hitting the field.

1 Like

Not just it has logged me out, but it has also rolled flight plans back.
What happened to DD?

Flight plans disappeared or just new ones didnā€™t sync?

No flight plan has disappeared but they just rolled back to the previous version. It was like that I am having an older website once the web hosting server got lost its database and had to roll back to the older one.

Today I ran into the exact same issue ā€¦ had to return home to login again as my hotspot via my phone also did not want to connect

Hey @yowich and @richardtr,

Sorry to hear you guys had this problem. Iā€™d imagine that is pretty frustrating. I think Michael is probably right here. It sounds like possibly and update may have caused this and so I donā€™t think this should happen very often. As for the ā€œflight plan has disappeared but they just rolled back to the previous versionā€, I am not quite sure what you mean. You should be on our most current version 3.8.0 (iOS) with the current ā€œProjectsā€ UI. Can you describe a little more by what you mean by the pervious version?

Hi Kaitlin,

I have purchased the PRO plan last week and am running in all kind of issues (after a first Trial period that went well) ā€¦

1. when I ran my first flight yesterday with the PAID plan the drone did only the the boundries and made pictures under an angle ā€¦ although I liked the result I have no idea how this happened. I had a look at the selected plan and did not see anything strange. I then made a copy of the plan and flew that plan and how everything went fine. Pictures were taken from above the area.

2. When I created my flightplan (size of area approx 4ha) I first saw approx 250 images (that is in line with what I expected) ā€¦ when I wanted to fly yesterday the number of images dropped dramatically to about 57 (nothing changed in the settings). When I clicked the ā€˜automatic settingsā€™ the number jumped up again to approx 200. I then made some manual changes (settings to 80/80 overlap etc) and the number went up to 300. When I then clicked on ā€˜automatic settingsā€™ the number dropped down again (this time not to 200 but to 50). Etc etc ā€¦ To me it looked like the number of images presented was at random. Any idea what the cause could have been?

3. I uploaded all images to my project ā€¦ everything looks fine EXCEPT for the 3D map. The map does show up but I am unable to zoom in ā€¦ it keeps me at a certain distance and then I am not able to zoom in further. Please have a look at this link of the 3D map and see if you can zoom in and rotate the image.

https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/data/5cb99f0a9302595a575bd2cc;jwt_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzY29wZSI6WyI1MDQzZDNhZGFjXzU2RUM0QjVGREVJTlNQSVJFIl0sInR5cGUiOiJSZWFkT25seVBsYW4iLCJpZCI6IjVjYjk5ZjBhOTMwMjU5NWE1NzViZDJjYyIsImV4cCI6MjUzNDAyMzAwNzk5fQ.YZwl1s0Nrj0c0g8VLmj_RCKopf5XjoxdOdcddnn8OSXMoPpO3tC6lqgw297AtQJj4VC9e-_tBpso1jKfnnypUw

I hope you can help me to sort this as I need to some more flights next week.

Cheers

photo

Richard

What I meant by ā€œrolling backā€ is that my latest updates on my flight plans were replaced by the older ones even though I have saved and checked them multiple times. For example, I updated and saved a flight plan ā€œDeltaā€ by changing perimeter tracks and the angle of flight on my PC. I checked that the update has been loaded on my tablet as well. But I found the latest updates have gone and I got the older flight plans after I came back to my office to fix the issue that asked me to login to DD when I was in the field.

Hey @richardtr

1. As for taking pictures at an angle, it sounds like you might have engaged structures mode. In this mode of flight plans we take both nadir and oblique imagery.

2. The number of images your drone takes is based on 2 main factors, the combination of altitude and overlap. Whatever settings were changed probably had to do with that. If you have the automatic settings on or off this will change those factors and you will get a change in number of photos. It sounds like you might have had automatic settings on before, and then it was toggled off.

3. As for this the zooming issue on the 3D map, since you are a Pro member, I would write into support about this.

@yowich So the tablet is not keeping the changes? Yes, that should not be occurring. I would make sure your tablet is up to date on the current software. It may also be a caching issue with what you are saving on desktop.

To clear out conflicts, please make sure:

• Youā€™re using Chrome or Firefox
  • The version is fully up-to-date
  • You have no active ad blockers or pop up blockers enabled, usually in the form of extensions
  • Try clearing your cache
  • A browser reset/computer restart can also help

See answers below - behind your remarks

1. As for taking pictures at an angle, it sounds like you might have engaged structures mode. In this mode of flight plans we take both nadir and oblique imagery.

*I indeed had ā€˜structures modeā€™ engaged but the strange thing was that although I saw in the preview that the total area would be covered ā€¦ after the drone went up in the sky ā€¦ only the border-route showed up and all lines in the middle had disappeared, the drone followed the border while making pictures and returned home. I then made a copy of this flight plan, did not change anything and then the total plan was covered correctly. I tried to re-engineer this but no luck. *

*2. *The number of images your drone takes is based on 2 main factors, the combination of altitude and overlap. Whatever settings were changed probably had to do with that. If you have the automatic settings on or off this will change those factors and you will get a change in number of photos. It sounds like you might have had automatic settings on before, and then it was toggled off.

*I did some testing yesterday with one of the flightplans. *

***START SITUATION: ***

altitude 60m

structure mode ON

Front overlap 81%

Side 81%

Speed 15m/s

> RESULT

4:43 minutes

3ha

*78 images *>> this made me wonder ā€˜78 imagesā€™ (this can not be right).

TESTING:

Turned Structure Mode OFF > number of images dropped to 16

Turned Structure Mode ON again > number of images went up to 107 (instead of the original 78)

Turned Automatic Settings ON > number of images dropped to 101 (instead of 107)

Turned Automatic Settings OFF > number of images remained 101

Increased Front overlap and Side overlap to 81% > number of images went up to 261 (which made sense to me looking at the size of the property)

*Not sure if you have any clarification for this. The TESTING I did yesterday from behind my Desktop. But last week I ran into exactly the same situation when I was out in the field. Turning OFF and ON the ā€˜Automatic Settingsā€™ gave me the expected result of a few hundred images instead of max 100 when flying the property. *

1. As for this the zooming issue on the 3D map, since you are a Pro member, I would write into support about this.

I have sent support an email

Thanks for your help

photo

Richard Trietsch (MBA)
M +31 (0)6 514 555 05
E richard@trietsch.nl
Skype richardtrietsch

I recently had the same problem. Grabbed my M2P kit, travelled to a remote mine site, fired up DD and ā€œplease log inā€¦ā€. It looks like there is a time limit on off line use? Back to civilization, logged in, no problem.

So, in addition to checking DJI firmware updates, Iā€™ve added DD log in and update off line missions to my pre-visit check list. No further problems.