DD and Mavic Pro, New DD SW, all images out of focus

Hi there,

This morning I did 3 test flights over a small area using DD (V iOS 2.62.0 updated Dec 5, this morning) and a Mavic Pro. Sidelap 75%, end lap 75%. Normal flight plan, 2 ha.

F1: @80m AGL, speed 8m/s, ND filter, running DD to control the flight camera, etc. Launched and landed in DD, camera was in autofocus, AE mode: results blurry, worse than DJI P3Pro.

F2: @50m AGL, speed 8m/s, ND filter, running DD to control the flight camera, etc. Launched and landed in DD, camera was in autofocus, AE mode: results blurry, worse than DJI P3Pro.

F3: @80m AGL, speed 8m/s, ND filter, Flew to 80m, ran DJI Go 4 to set camera to autofocus, then switched to manual focus, closed DJI Go 4, opened DD and flew the mission (without landing first): results even more blurry.

I don’t know of another work around to resolve this issue, but am welcome to ideas.

Thanks in Advance
Dave

I have the same problem.

I have tried a bunch of diffrent apps. DD, Pix4D and so on.

This morning I tried DJI GS. The drone stoped when taing picture. It took a bit longer time but the pictures had really good quality. Best I have seen with P4P

Hi Air,

Can DJI GS create flight plans for aerial mapping of an area? i.e. parallel lines, to create eg 65% overlap, etc??

Thanks
Dave

Yes. GS is DJI’s own app for scanning. It seams really compitent.

Hi @saigondave,

Can you share the name of the affected map(s) and the email address associated with your DroneDeploy account?

Thanks,
Christina

Hi saigondave;
to have clear pictures in drone deploy you have to set the exposure time -shuter- to 1/1000 seconds in DJIGO 4 and disable AFC.
in DD enable exposure time by djigo
enable focus by DD app.
THANK YOU

Hi All,

If you are flying with an iOS device and Mavic Pro, and are still having issues with focus, please let us know in reply to this message. I, Christina, or the DD Support team, can enable a new feature on your account that will automatically calibrate the camera focus once the drone reaches mision altitude.

This will be coming soon to Android too, so let me know you want to use the feature, but that you currently have an Android device.

Thanks,

James

Hi Dave,

Using an ND filter is a technique to slow the shutter speed down to smooth VIDEO. ND filters should generally be avoided for still aerial photography where you want as fast of a shutter speed as the light allows. You do not want to decrease the available light with an ND filter when capturing Stills.

1 Like

I am having this problem. Can you you enable the new feature to automatically calibrate the camera focus for me ?
my login : fdrparanhos@gmail.com

Hi @paranhosfelipe,

Can you share some more details about your issue?

1. When did this begin?
  2. Which mobile device are you using? What OS version is it on?
  3. Are all of your apps, software, and firmware up to date?

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hello cristina,

When did this begin?
Always happens. I have the same problem, blurry images using autofocus and mavic pro.

Which mobile device are you using? What OS version is it on?
Iphone 6, last version

Are all of your apps, software, and firmware up to date?
all apps updated

Hi @paranhosfelipe,

Can you verify that your DJI drone’s firmware is up to date as well? We have stopped manually enabling the calibration feature for users as we released this in an app update a while ago and I haven’t seen any new users report this since then so I am curious as to why you are experiencing this issue.

Thanks,
Christina

Dear Christina,
I would like to know how the issue of auto focus for Mavic Pro in DD is still. If the best way is still to maintain manual focus via DJI Go4.