Cut and Fill ...Not Cut and Dried:(

HELP Cut and Fill not even close to what was hauled out of area… using Compare and circling areas of interest not even close. Maps are calibrated but not GCP’d I will upload those next (Reach RS+ Base Rover) The two GCPs that were on Known rebar locations showed exactly a 3-foot discrepancy on elevation Pre and Post excavation. No internet connections at location and no operational CORS site trying to figure out rinex files to PPK for correction. of course, client needed it yesterday Any Direction is greatly appreciated

Steve

1 Like

So you have a couple of checkpoints? And when you said calibrated that means you have prorated the error between the rebar and the point in the model?

I’m not sure you can use just two GCPs and DroneDeploy. Even if you could. You probably wouldn’t want to because you are entire map could get twisted without a third point to pin it down.

What is your deliverable?

7 GCPs, two on rebar in exact same locations (out of excavation /travel areas) running 2nd GCP Map now. in Alaska internet upload speed .7 mps Deliverable: Volume of gravel removed in two locations a little creek running thru it doesn’t help!

Steve

Thanks Mike! I was hoping for your response, I have learned so much thru your comments here and on emlid

2 Likes

Update, Uploaded both maps with GCPs. Calibrated both maps to elevation at GCP#1 Wow what a difference! now to fine tune. I get such varied results by the choices of Surface & Base Plane; I need someone experienced to take a look. in hindsight I should have flown the site where the gravel was being inventoried for a comparison.

Steve

2 Likes