Creating A Business

I am retired from medicine and also stopped flying GA aircraft so I started flying RC Aircraft and picked up an Evo 2 Pro to keep my hand in aviation which I really enjoy.

I have come to find operating the Evo 2 Pro interesting and decided that I would like to create a part-time business doing mapping. I know someone who uses his drone for real estate but that is not something I want to do…just mapping and inspections perhaps.

Is it possible to create a business dedicated solely to doing this and aside from Part 107 or its equivalent for a GA pilot, how to go about learning what is needed and creating a business? How much competition is there?

How to go about it? Is there a problem running missions during the Winter months? (I am in the mid-Atlantic.)

3 Likes

Starting a business dedicated to drone mapping and inspections can be a great way to create a part-time income. To get started, you will need to obtain a license to operate your drone commercially. Depending on where you live, this may involve passing an FAA Part 107 test or the equivalent for GA pilots, as you mentioned. Also, I would recommend reaching out for enterprise consulting services for midsize companies. These guys helped me to open my digital travel agency. They provide specialized consulting services to help aspiring entrepreneurs create and launch their businesses. They can provide you with valuable advice and guidance on the various regulations and legal requirements you may need to consider when starting a drone-based business.

1 Like

Starting a business dedicated to drone mapping and inspections can be a great way to create a part-time income.

If you still need any advice I recommend looking into the legal and regulatory requirements for operating a commercial drone business in your area

Learning the technical skills needed for mapping and inspections with your drone can be done through online courses, tutorials, and practice. There are also many resources available for drone pilots, including professional associations and forums where you can connect with other professionals in the industry.

If you still need any advice I recommend looking into the legal and regulatory requirements for operating a commercial drone business in your area. You mentioned Part 107, which is a great start, but there may be additional requirements you need to meet. It’s also a good idea to research the market demand for these services in your area and to consider potential target customers and pricing strategies.
If you need any help, I recommend checking out https://www.ogscapital.com/services. It’s always better to work with professionals than to try to do everything yourself.

Hey there, I know this answer comes a bit late, but I wanted to share some thoughts on your post. It’s great to hear that you’re interested in starting a part-time business doing mapping and inspections with your Evo 2 Pro! As you mentioned, you’ll need to obtain a Part 107 certification or its equivalent for a GA pilot, but aside from that, there are a few things you can do to get started. Do some research on the market and competition in your area. Are there other businesses offering similar services? What makes your services unique and valuable? From there, you can develop a business plan and marketing strategy. Anyway, best of luck with your new venture! And for anyone else reading this, I recently came across some helpful info on financial planning for physicians at https://www.thefinitygroup.com/financial-planning-for-physicians/ that may be useful for anyone starting a business or looking to manage their finances more effectively.

1 Like