Connection time between DD and P4P

What is the average connection time between DroneDeploy and Phantom 4 Pro, since I turn on the remote control? I’m using the Samsung A5 (2017) smartphone and the latest versions of the apps and my DJI handsets also have are up to date.

Hi @Vitor_Fessel,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. Can you share some more details about your issue? It shouldn’t take all that long for your devices to connect.

Keep me posted,
Christina

The way Samsung does Android, it seems to have more trouble connecting. Other Android devices do not seem to have as many connection problems. iOS seems to work best. That is what DJI designed for originally.

Thanks for the quick return. The drone connection with DroneDeploy is taking about 5 minutes in the latest version of the software. In the first version I worked with the app did not take more than 1 minute … why? Where can I be going wrong? I follow all recommended procedures … I’d like to know what the average time expected by DroneDeploy for Android connection to compare with the time I’ve gotten.

Thanks Gary, unfortunately I already knew this information you wrote. I’d like to know what the average time expected by DroneDeploy for Android connection to compare with the time I’ve gotten.

Hi @Vitor_Fessel,

We currently don’t officially support the Samsung A5, so there’s no guarantee that your device will work without issue(s). I suggest taking a look at our page of Supported Devices (Mobile and Tablet) to see what devices we have tested and guaranteed to work with our software.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi Christina,

Is your supported devices page falling behind or does DD not support the Pixel 2?

Hi @Dave,

We haven’t officially tested on the Pixel 2 or iPhone X yet but I suspect that it should work.

Cheers,
Christina

It must be something with the device, I hace a Tablet, Samsung A6, and works to perfection, When I have trouble conecting to DJI Go, I go to DD, and then DJI GO recognices the P4P.