Completely new to this...stand counts, plant heights, NDVI

Phantoms are definitely not redundant! Hexa is minimum and some places want a chute, too.

Is that UK pricing?

I can’t mention the eXo… without laughing.

Industrial plants…oil, gas, chemical, power, electric… will all be a bit funny about you flying a wing around…because of how they react when you lose control. Copters just hit the deck. Wings can go on to do a lot more damage, and their higher speed and typically higher altitude amplifies the effect. A copter with chute, prop guards and hexa+ with redundant FC is very low risk by comparison…but again, depends on what you are doing! Pretty useless for long range power or pipeline inspections…but there is less to go BANG! in such places.

What you need doesn’t exist yet. (We know because we are trying to build it).

Bring on Drone 2.0

…or an API?
App ecosystems are good things.
But I’m OK with option 1.

That’s interesting as well. We’re starting to talk to people about an early version of this. If you’re interested we’d like to hear what you had in mind.

The price is in dollars. I have a proposal for $16625 with visual and multispectral and the extra parts and training. Which by the first of the year the price will be at least 30 thousand again.
Which is considerably cheaper than sensfly at 22 to 30 thousand dollars. For a limited time.
Precision hawk is building multirotor that will interchange their sensors. But we knkw that will be crazy expensive.

So do you use drones with oil,gas industry?
I am trying to understand what industries really require from drones. Need to get past the hype. More and more i am finding farmers dont really use multispec and less resolution needed fkr variable rate

A bit OT for this thread but happy to discuss. From the operators perspective it is a very odd industry! Sky Futures have the right idea.

So the only viable way into the industry is plunking down 30k+? I am also new to mapping although I have been flying for a while (seems to be a lot of us). are you open to offline discussions rogerpearson? A lot of what I have read is that AG has a large potential market. are you saying this is not true? Hexs and ottos are horribly inefficient and hex’s really aren’t all that redundant.