Changing the Units from Metric when sharing a map

I was wanting to know if Drone Deploy could make a change on the map sharing. When I share a link with my customers, the map units are now shown in Metric units. This does not work well as my farmers do not understand Hectares. I would really like that to be switched back to imperial units.

You can do that on the desktop under Settings. Just change it to Imperial.

The customer does not have a settings option when they open the link I send them.

I know the customer can change settings if they have an account but I do not want to make all my customers register for a free account.

So you want to have it in imperial but your account stays in metric?

No my account is always in imperial. But when I copy the sharing link and send it to someone else it converts to metric. That is what is very odd.

Still happening. When I share a map the user sees metric measurements. Not good.

Hey @MichaelL,

Can you recall when this first happened and how often it occurs? Does it happen every single time you share a map?

Keep me posted,
Christina

Always been this way. It appears to only happen when I am sharing the public link with someone outside of our organization that doesn’t have a DroneDeploy account.

Hi @MichaelL,

I’ve escalated this to our team for clarification to see if this is working as intended or not. I’ll report back once I have more info.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @MichaelL,

Our team verified that the public sharing link will always default to metric measurement units, regardless of what your preferences are.

Cheers,
Christina

Yuck. I know imperial sucks, but…

View Only links can still only see metric units? That completely defeats the purpose of me purchasing this product.