Can I create 3D thermal models with DroneDeploy?

Hey guys, I just bought the Matrice 300 RTK with P1 and XT2 for my university lab. Is it possible to create 3d thermal models with dronedeploy? in otherworlds overlay the heatmaps on top of the 3d model (example pic below)

1 Like

I don’t think they support the 300RTK yet, but you can bet it’s coming. @Andrew_Fraser ? When they do then yes you can!

1 Like

@MichaelL We’re finishing up a DJI SDK update that will allow us to release flight support for M300. Currently expecting end of April.

@raniat123 We currently support data processed by those sensors. I’ve seen some beautiful data sets on DroneDeploy. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our team for assistance!

1 Like

@Andrew_Fraser this is exciting, can’t wait for the official release!

@MichaelL I’m also planning on getting the Mavic 2 Dual Enterprise. So based on your reply, I’m guessing I can create 3D thermal maps using the Mavic and droneploy. am I right?

As long as the thermal is radiometric, but DroneDeploy does not show the radiometric as compatible. Either there are two version with one being non-radiometric or I am seeing conflicting details.

1 Like

I don’t believe the Mavic dual’s thermal camera is supported, last I checked. A colleague getting started with thermal has found the resolution provided by the dual to be insufficient for commercial uses

3 Likes