I have been struggling with an error “Camera Focus Failed to Update” when trying to execute my flights programmed in DroneDeploy. This error comes up once the drone has taken off and has reached its first waypoint. Once the error is shown the drone returns to its home point and lands without capturing any photos. When the sensor is manually triggered on the ground photos are recorded.
For equipment I am using a DJI Matrice 200V2 drone, a MicaSense RedEdge MX sensor, and DroneDeploy on my Samsung Galaxy S6.
So far I have tried several strategies to solve this error that I’ve listed below but I still am getting the error:
- Restarting the drone, remote controller, and the DroneDeploy app
- Duplicate the mission within DroneDeploy.
- Creating a new mission all together for the same area
- Update the firmware for the remote controller, drone, and the sensor
- Formatting the SD card for the sensor in the Micasense Camera App and the DJI Pilot app
- Deleting and reinstalling DroneDeploy app on Galaxy
- Making sure I have >Android 5 installed on my phone
- Check in DJI go for SD card errors
- Check that multiple flight mode is enabled in DJI Pilot (They talked about this in the context of DJI
- Check to make sure exposure and focus are set to auto in my DroneDeploy project