Best file type to print map in different sizes

Thanks for this forum…
Anyone having consistent success printing maps?
I’m trying to print an export .jpg in a variety of sizes (possibly as small as 4x6). I print at home up to 13x19 and use adobe programs to edit.
Not having the luck I thought I would…

What kind of trouble are you having? You might try GIMP. It is free and you can convert any file type to any other, including PDF. I prefer PDF because it is the most versatile in our workplace.

Thanks for reply…

The goal is to have a nice little client gift of their mapped area. The main issue has been loss of resolution as I make the file smaller. Have tried a lot of methods through bridge, camera raw and photoshop but cannot dial in what I would see as a worthy, clear, impressive image.

I have no experience w gimp but I am going to look into it right now…

Are you changing the images sizes? I make a medium sized PDF of 24x36 at 300dpi and it is easily printed on any size. If you don’t plan on wide format architectural or engineering sizes you should be able to get away with 12x18.

I am altering the image size. Have had success at 300dpi at 13x19 but getting into the 5x7/4x6 range has left muddy over sharpened looking images.
Are your pdfs from the pdf export or do you convert the jpg export into pdf?

The new PDF export is pretty good, but I turned the geotiff into a PDF. Either by printing it as a PDF or converting it to a PDF in bluebeam. Blue beam is similar to Adobe Acrobat.