Batteries required

When it says the required batteries to complete a flight, what is that based off of? I’ve used 1 battery to complete a flight with a P4P when DroneDeploy said it required 2. Is there a way for DroneDeploy to recognize what drone you operating?
Cc @john.culkin

1 Like

DroneDeploy provides a conservative estimate based upon leaving 30% battery capacity so that, even with some adverse wind, the mission will complete safely. I routinely complete missions with my P4P which DD claimed to require 2 batteries with one but I do not have 30% reserve when the drone starts to head home. The P4P is the default assumption for DroneDeploy mission planning so that is already dialed in. I do notice that the flight time for my missions is close to the DD estimate so no complaint there. How do your flight times compare to the DD estimate?

Regards,
Terry.

2 Likes

The DD estimate on the desktop is based on the P4P, and is conservative, as Terry mentioned. It adapts the flight characteristics to the specific drone once it is connected in the mobile app.

1 Like

The way you broke it down is exactly how it is for me as well. Thank you for your feedback! 70% = 1 battery basically

1 Like

Gary, thank you for confirming. You guys were very helpful. Thank You!

1 Like

To get nitty-gritty once you bring in your plans you can adjust your overlaps just slightly to make the overlap between quads equal to the overall overlaps of your mass mission. It might not seem like a lot, but it depends on how many batteries and how much time you have.