Autel Evo 2 THERMAL

As we all know DD can process the EVO photos into a very nice map, model. But can it make a Thermal orthomosiacs from the 640 x 512 FIR?

1 Like

As long as the EVO II Dual is truly radiometric and the geotags are sufficient then there shouldn’t be any problem. You can use Microsoft ICE as well just to get a simple stitched image if you don’t need georeferencing.

2 Likes

Also, I have the business plan, can I do thermal on the business plan for a fee? As I read thermal is enterprise…
I have a buddy that just got a DJI M210 with thermal

One more…, How much is the Enterprise plan for a one man business operation?

The dual as of now is NOT radiometric

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t work on the Business plan. There may be some special features available when “processed as thermal”, but you should at least get a map… Enterprise plans are always customized so you’d have to get with one of them to get a quote.

I thought EVO II Dual pretty much had the same sensor as the XT2? Does it have the capability to do a static temperature setpoint?

Im not sure if it does, I just started looking at getting one. I was just told its not radiometric

That would be a big factor if I was looking into thermal. Thermal for SAR using non-radiometric and viewing a live feed is one thing or maybe if you are the certified inspector viewing the drone feed, but for anything in mapping or post-analysis you would have to have radiometric.

Have you looked into getting an Aerial Thermography Certification?

Yes I am looking at getting my level 1 thermal, and the evo dual is not radiometric at all, but it may be in the works to come out with one that is. I am going to wait because I want a radiometric.

1 Like

I think that’s probably a good move. I have a non-radiometric thermal on the Yuneec H520 and it’s mainly just for live inspections. You can take pictures, but at such a low resolution you have to take hundreds of them to get anything meaningful. If you could stitch them together it may be a different story, but because the range changes as you move there’s no tie-points.

1 Like

Thank You Very Much for your Information, Glad to have you as a Mentor!

1 Like

I think of it more as a buddy system because I learn just about as much as everyone else. Thanks for paving the Autel road! It’s exciting to see something besides DJI in the mapping world. Any updates on the…

Not yet, but I will post up when they come in!

2 Likes

As I understand it, as of today the US version with the FLIR Boson sensor is not radiometric. There is a 640T version that is radiometric but it’s not a FLIR sensor and is not offered in the US at this time.

1 Like

That’s what I understand as well, but @jmason702 thinks they are releasing it. It popped up in another post.