Autel EVO 2 PRO Mapping LOVE IT

I’m having trouble finding how to get my Autel to pair with Drone Deploy. How are you doing the mapping in Drone Deploy with your Autel please? Thank you!

1 Like

DroneDeploy does not support autonomous flight with the Autel drones. Mapping is done in Autel’s flight software and then the images are manually uploaded to DroneDeploy where they then are like any other flight from any other drone. We can all hope they will eventually be supported. :wink:

1 Like

Recently added an E2P, its a small beast and with its 1" sensor rivals the P4P. Have used the Autel Explorer app Mission planner which is nice, however no import/export of planned missions (e.g. ability to move from one android to another etc), nor, ability to clone/copy a mission exists compared to DD and others. Likewise would like to use existing DD based recurring missions and run them on the E2P vs. having to recreate them. Thus add another voice to those requesting DD support the E2P.

2 Likes

There are definitely some limitations to Autel’s flight software as far as mapping goes, but I am sure as more pilots start to use it that they will be improving their project as all the other softwares have. Do you know if it has KML import? If so you could do all of your planning in Google Earth or something like Litchi and export them as KML’s. Then you have the same flight plan to import into different softwares.

If drone deployed did bring the E2P on board it would definitely sway me to buy one immediately. Until then we are happy with our P4P’s and Yuneec H520’s. The H520E just came out as well so there are definitely some decisions to be made.

2 Likes

No KML import yet as far as know or can find out as that is how I was thinking of importing some Litchi missions. Concur that once DD adds Autel, particular E2P they will see up tick in people using it. the E2P characteristics are similar to P4P, yet smaller and easier to setup. Flew a series of map missions yesterday in a light 14mph wind and saw about a 30% improvement in flight time vs P4P. Hopefully a combination of DD adding support, and Autel improving their mission planner (e.g. import/export of missions) sooner vs later happens.

2 Likes