App [iOS, 4.62.0] crashes when connected to Phantom 4 Pro drone

Hello,

I am able to connect my phone to the Phantom 4 Pro drone using the DJI GO 4 app. The firmware is up to date and all appears normal. However, when I open the drone deploy app, within seconds the app crashes. This is not an issue when I connect to the Mavic 2 drone and attempt to open the drone deploy app.

Has anyone run into a similar problem? If so how is it resolved?

Thanks

1 Like

What phone and iOS version? Did DD update from a previous version or was it a brand new install?

Hi MichaelL!

Flew 06.10.2021

Phantom 4 PRO

iPad Pro 10.5 256 Gb (2017)

iOS 14.8

DroneDeploy iOS 4.60

The flight speed to the starting point is 15 m/sec

The speed of return to the home point for battery replacement or at the end of the mission is 10 m/sec

The images are slightly rotated relative to the course, the angle of rotation also changes slightly during the flight. The drone returns exactly to the point where it interrupted the mission to replace the battery.

I canceled the first panorama shooting. The drone rose to a height of 61 m and froze without movement.

Returned the house to the point.

A second attempt to shoot the panorama was successful. Having risen to a height, the drone did not start shooting the panorama immediately, I wanted to return home, but after a pause he started shooting and successfully finished. Perhaps with a new program, he starts working with some pause, which was not with earlier versions of the program. Perhaps the first attempt to make a panorama would have been successful if I had waited a little.

I have no other comments on the work of DroneDeploy iOS 4.60.

Before updating DroneDeploy, I would like to know what changes have been made to the new version and what errors have been fixed. They don’t write about it on the website. I am afraid to update DroneDeploy every time, since the new version does not always work correctly.

Best Regards, Sergey

Hey Sergey, long time no chat! I have been experiencing the same behaviour but I don’t know exactly when it started. I am guessing the beginning of v6. This was previously a problem and seems to have come back. We requested full flight from home to the mission and also back to home so the engineers need to look at why it came back.

Same here this yaw rotation just wrecked a huge job for us. It has been around for a while and they have known about it but it may not be fixable. Our P4P V2’s exhibit the same behaviour and most of the time it is about a 15 degree rotation to the left and I could keep the stick right and it would adjust back after the image was taken but this job had long flight lines NW to SE and got really bad (30-40 degrees) at the end of the run for which it fought the stick and would not manually rotate. This does not happen with Litchi. DD has the logs from that day and are looking at it.

I have seen a couple of things but I am not sure if they are public or just our account but check your Enhanced 3D > Advanced Settings…

Hi MichaelL!

On the same day I tested the Phantom 4 (I don’t use it in work, I take it in case of loss of the Phantom 4 PRO).

iOS 14.8

DroneDeploy iOS 4.60

The flight speed to the starting point is 15 m/sec.

The speed of return to the home point for battery replacement is 10 m/sec.

The speed of returning to the home point after the end of the mission is 6 m / sec (the speed that is accepted for the mission) while he continues to take pictures at the nadir returning home. They have to be deleted during processing. Also, the Phantom 4, when moving to the next course, continues to take pictures, on turns, they are blurred in most cases. We also have to delete them.

Best Regards, Sergey

That is a really old version of DroneDeploy but I think the capture in turns was already eliminated by that time so it looks like it started capture at the beginning as expected but it never stopped. This goes against their claim that they use GPS located captures but being an old version there’s probably nothing that can be done to fix it. Sounds like your other Phantom 4 continues the confirmation of incorrect/undesirable flight speed from and to home. At least the mission speed is correct.

I updated DroneDeploy to iOS 4.60 a week ago, now the site has an updated version of DroneDeploy iOS 4.62, which appeared there 4 days ago.

Oh, my bad. I misread the second post. That definitely is not good. I’ll keep an eye on ours.

I have an iPhone Xs Max running iOS 15.0.1. DD was a brand new install and was crashing right off the bat. I even updated it to 4.62.0 and the issue with the Phantom persisted

1 Like

I haven’t tried iOS 15 yet. Do you have another iOS device on an older version? Problem is that we wouldn’t know if it was the OS or the different device… @Andrew_Fraser, have you guys tested iOS 15 yet?

Hi MichaelL!

Flew 11.10.2021

Phantom 4 PRO

iOS 14.8 (it was proposed to upgrade to iOS 15, but after reading the reviews I did not take any chances)

DroneDeploy iOS 4.6.2 (updated today)

The flight speed to the starting point is 15 m/sec, has not changed

The speed of returning to the starting point to replace the battery or at the end of the mission is also 10 m/sec.

The images are slightly rotated relative to the course, no changes have occurred. The drone returns to exactly the point where it aborted the mission to replace the battery.

After replacing the batteries, a black screen began to appear again, after clicking on the image from the camera and back, the flight route appears. After the second battery replacement, the black screen appears again.

Practically nothing has changed compared to DroneDeploy iOS 4.60. The

problems probably appeared because of iOS 15.

Best Regards, Sergey

jablokov@mail.ru

I do not have another mobile device unfortunately. However this was also an issue when I had the latest version of iOS 14 prior to the release of 15.

1 Like

Do you have a friend or family member that you could borrow for 15 minutes? Easy enough to install DroneDeploy and remove it…

That same thing used to happen to me a lot. Now every time I change the battery I just reboot the app cause I just don’t trust it anymore. The last mission I flew was on iOS 15 I’m sure it would have done the same thing if I hadn’t have rebooted the app. Issues with their app is getting old, they need to focus on stabilizing it. As is it right now I have 2 other app installed for flying…just in case DD craps out.

2 Likes