App crashes on start up android 12

We’ve been using drone deploy for almost 7 years with a great success rate. With any software of this nature that grows as fast as their platform has there are going to be bumps in the road. This is exactly what a business can absorb that a small outfit can’t. Of course we use iOS… I would suggest you do the same.

1 Like

@MichaelL
I agree its my favorite mission planner when it works. Its handling of battery changes is great. I don’t like that I generally have to start it twice to hook to the drone, and that it seems to have a mind of its own on flight speed. I set drone to p4p v2 and it says 18mph and 1 battery, then when it runs it switches to 13 mph for some reason. Its got all kinds of quirks. This thing of not running at all is critical though. The flight I did costs more than $7k when you include survey teams and travel time. I guess you would say “shame on me”… Its just worked so far and to have two complete failures on one trip has taught me. I know perfection does not exist, but redundancy does and I am on it now.
BTW, I use S20 phone, or Galaxy tab A7 tablet, and also an ipad mini if I was smart enough to bring it.

1 Like

Are you using the app or the web browser interface to plan? There have definitely been some glitches ever since they introduced the ability to select which camera and then they defaulted it to the Mavic 2 Pro even though most people that use this app and their cloud services use Phantoms…

I had a particularly bad one where I set it up on the desktop, verified it as I was setting everything up and didn’t realize that once I plugged the drone in it changed again. It was still on the P4Pv2 but they told me that “It does final optimizations.”, but why? End of the story is that it moved one of the lines right in line with a tower that I had specific set my flight characteristics that I should have had 50ft clearance on either side of it.

They only support certain drones so I don’t know why they can’t just pick the right one automatically like the processing system does and as a matter of fact the processing system can pull profiles for many more cameras than DJI’s.

At the very least I wish we were allowed to set a default in our Organization. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about it unless we want to fly a different model which for us isn’t going to happen in DroneDeploy since our main mapping drones are Yuneec H520E RTK’s.

Last thought is always have at least a backup mobile device and hopefully eventually a drone. We each carry a Phantom and an H520E. Phantoms usually do progress and marketing stuff now.

1 Like

Has there been any update or has anyone figured a workaround?
Fortunately I had an old phone lying around so I was able to get it to work, but my background Google map didn’t, weird. So I basically had to travel around my site with the drone to figure out the limits of my mapping area.

1 Like

So currently DD is working again on my s20 phone. Its android 12. I’ll be trying tomorrow to see if I get focus issues on the 2nd battery, or let’s say, second start of a mission. Nothing like a double whammy from last time I flew a big job.

1 Like

Hi all, last month we released 4.73 of the Android app which has DJI’s latest SDK, version 4.16, and fixes the Android 12 issue. Please make sure you’re always flying with the latest version available in the Play Store.

2 Likes

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by checking the date and time settings.

1 Like