Aerial Media NDVI Not Compatable?

Same here. Windows, android and apple. Sent a few snapshots with settings to support. Some of my maps are all red now with any settings. Must be a lot coming through the pipeline currently from engineering.

So the correct bands are showing up for me now. Only in a browser on mobile devices. App works for some maps but not for others. Filter settings at RGN and NDVI.

So the RGN option has disappeared again and I have the reversed band in all my maps.

Justin,

Today is my last access to the 30 day trial. I was working with a veteran who wants to start up an Ag drone business. I bought the AreialMedia Pros NDVI cam to test and help make recommendations to him on software apps and equipment that would work and not break his budget as he is getting into the business.

Unfortunately after tomorrow I won’t be able to even try my NDVI lens and see if drone deploy will even get it to work. Furthermore, I am not even sure aerial media pros will help me get it working.

Would you please keep me in the loop on this thread?

Thanks

Arvada
drice@ucclincoln.com

Hi Everyone- sorry for all the confusion on this.

@Justin_Garcia could you please send us an example of this to support@droneDeploy.com ?

@Arvada please do the same. I will speak to my manager about potentially extending your trial to give you a bit more time to test this out given the issue.

Thank you that would be nice. I am working indoors for the next 5 days but in the meantime, I have a map up called Tesar NDVI. If you look at it, please apply the NDVI settings and tell me which one works? Because based on the fact I have an aerial media pros NDVI I should be able to process an NDVI map? Am I not correct?

Arvada

Did they extend your trial?? Absolutely I’ll keep you in the loop. I’m a veteran myself so I commend you for helping another out. As of now, every map I have loaded with the “new” AMP camera has the correct color band using: RGN, NDVI for settings. I am using a Desktop PC or a browser app with mobile devices though as I have found the iOS app and the andriod app to not always work reliably when displaying color band and sometimes the RGN setting is not even available as an option.

Let me know if you need anymore info,

Justin

Thanks for the info. I don’t know if they extended me. I can’t film until next week as this is my weekend to work so I am stuck indoors.

I have questions and would like to email other questions I have outside of this thread. I would like to give you the email for the veteran I am working with so he can learn as well? Let me know.

1. The NDVI camera from Aerial Media Pros. It came with what looks like a polarized lens. Is that simply what came with it before they modified it?
  2. My first attempt came out looking clean albeit wrong color schemes. But several other test runs were really blurry and the exposure on the native raw pics were way off. Can you tell me how you set yours up and what camera settings your are using?

Arvada

Neema and Chase,

As my trial expired, I am not only unable to test your new settings but I am also unable to upload the imagery to you so you can see what the NDVI camera is doing.

You mentioned extending the trial just so I could resolve the issues. As I have been helpful with DD in other areas like bandwidth settings, I had hoped you would value my input.

If you extend my trial, please let me know so I can test the new settings.

Arvada

Hi Aravada- thanks for your feedback. I’ve sent you an email regarding trial extension to the email associated with your DroneDeploy account.

Best,
Neema

I am using the same camera and I have the same issue with this plant health setting. The bare soil areas and sprayer tracks are green while healthy areas are red. I am also wondering what are your camera settings for your drone when you fly?

80% side and front overlap. Use the filter and algo RGN, NDVI.

Hello Everyone,

I’m in Ecuador and bought same Zenmuse X3 modified for Red and NIR bands. I’ve started the PRO Evaluation evaluation time for a customer and the R-NIR images are not generating the Plant Health map as expected, actually vegetation is red and soil green. The NDVI index has negative values. There is the VARI (recommended) option greyed out and not sure if this might be the problem. Image01Image01

We have also loaded RGB pictures and the same Planth Health map VARI algorithm makes more sense (Image02)

Does the x3 works? is it supported? Any other algorithm should I use?

Any advice will be welcome and sorry for my English.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hello @renandp11 Thanks for reaching out. We do support the X3. I would take a look at our support article: Plant Health which goes further into detail on how we analyze our plant health data. Also, advanced plant health is available on our Pro Ag Bundle, not on the Pro Plan. More information on that plan can be found here: pricing package details

Hi @Yusuf, thanks for your explanation and for the links, I’ll take a look and will fly a couple times over the weekend. Quick question, about the Filter Type and Algorithm features, are these available along the ProPlan evaluetion time? Both are greyed out. Thanks Again!

1 Like

Hello @renandp11 thanks for reaching out! For the Pro plan subscription, you will have access to basic plant health features such as the ability to measure crop health with RGB and vegetation indexes. Generate elevation maps and adjust thresholds to visualize the digital surface model (DSM). However, you will not have the ability to access Advanced Plant Health features which include Identifying plant stress and using algorithms such as NDVI, ENDVI and VARI. Thanks!