AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) available?

I want to take AEB shots using my DJI Phantom with Dronedeploy. But I can not find any support for AEB shooting in DD. The drone should keep hovering over the same location for it to take 3 to 5 shots for AEB, and then move to the next stop to take the next AEB shots. So it should work in a Shoot-Move-Shoot way. Where can I find that function? Does DD have it?

Hi @yowich,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. Unfortunately, AEB is not supported for DroneDeploy.

Cheers,
Christina

Do you have a plan to have it? I think it would be a very important function, because it will give us a high dynamic range photography of terrains with highly reflective surface and dark shadowed areas.

Hi @yowich,

I don’t have any news or updates to share at the moment but it will be publicly announced if this feature is planned or released.

Cheers,
Christina

I do post-processing on my photos to get even exposures across all images and have also played with HDR and it has proven to not be a good idea for map making and 3D models. They look pretty, but they are not accurate as traditionally exposed photos. The whole idea behind photogrammetry is consistency, not dynamic range. What is the purpose of your map making? Or are you just trying to make pretty pictures?