Adding images to annotations in 360 pano

For crime-scene mapping and construction litigation, it would be helpful to be able to add or link a specific image (or images) to an annotation while viewing the walk-through 360 pano (like a close-up of a bullet casing, knife, gun, etc.). These ‘special’ images might need to be taken with a specialized camera or lighting that would produce better results than the drone camera could accomplish.

In the annotation drop-down menu (incomplete work, leak, missing part, etc.), it would be helpful to have the ability to add your own title.

This is what it could look like

1. I’m looking at a map of a parking lot
  2. I click on a hotspot to see a 360 pano that shows a section of the parking from ground level
  3. In the 360 pano, I click on a hotspot (annotation) that shows the defect or problem.

I’ve looked for a way to do this using other software and/or combinations of software. So far I have not been able to find a solution. DD is the closest to being able to do this. I think this feature would open DD up for use by crime scene investigators which could develop into a large market

2 Likes

Love it! I am sure it’s on their board somewhere. :wink: You might check out kuula.co as well. Very cool 360 sharing site with a lot of capabilities.